1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"lump" in my asscrack? Dammmnnn....

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by GoinStag, Mar 3, 2012.

1. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

So I was just in the shower scrubbin my asscrack when I felt some sort of....lump or somethin on the upper left side. It was almost a little pointy and it kind of felt sore when I touched it...kinda like a bruise or something. It felt similar to a pimple, but I know that's not what it was. It was a little too big. But anyway, when I got out of the shower and felt (about 20 minutes later), it's size was the same, but it was less "pointy". Should I be worried. Somebody help me out here.

2. JRNagoya

3. Mimerio

I'm not too sure, but it might be a hermerroid, (I suck at medical things) but thats what it sounds like.

4. Skiel

Skiel Guest

what mimero said could be a possibility. Get it checked out ASAP just in case... :frowning2:

5. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

I don't think it's a boil. I know what those feel like and it's nothin like that. And no, I haven't shaved down there in about 4 years. I think maybe ingrown hair might be a better guess.

6. KaraBulut

It depends on where it is.

If it is more on what would be described as your "butt cheek" it's probably a pimple. It's not uncommon. The presence of hair follicles, warmth and sweat make for a good growth medium for bacteria.

If it's more of what would be described as being on your anus (well, "butthole" to use the more obvious term), then it is more likely a hemorrhoid.

What you should worry about is if it were to get very tender, continue to grow in size or feel warm to the touch. Those are symptoms that are more typical of a boil.

7. Zontar

Could be a boil, carbuncle, pilonoidal cyst...

8. TheAMan

I don't think it's anything to worry about as I've had a few of those. It just means you didn't go to the bathroom when you were supposed to. It'll be gone in a few days.

9. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

I'd say it's more on the cheek but I don't understand how it could be a pimple from bacteria. I clean down there EVERY SINGLE day.

10. KaraBulut

Pimples are just pores that are blocked and build up fluid and oil. If they stay blocked, the pore can also grow bacteria which causes the pore to swell, turn red and feel sensitive to touch.

When I was in training many years ago, we were asked to wash our hands using a germicidal soap that, in theory, kills bacteria on the skin. Afterward, we placed the tips of our fingers on an augur plate that was sent to the microbiology lab. Everyone in the class cultured bacteria. Lots of bacteria.

Showering reduces the bacteria on the skin but it doesn't get rid of all of it. You'll always have propionibacterium, streptococcus and staphylococcus on your skin and these are the bacteria that tend to infect blocked pores.

11. Bradley

I'm not a doctor, but I'd bet that it is a pilonoidal cyst. They are small cysts that occur in the crack near your tailbone. Some doctors think they can form from sitting too much or on hard surfaces (not uncleanliness). Unless it opens and becomes infected, it is not very serious, but I would see a doctor about it if it is causing you pain or discomfort.

12. Merlot

I am not a doctor either but it is probably a tumor.

13. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, it is most definitely a tumor. You are going to die shortly, so make sure you use your last few minutes.... opps seconds now, wisely....!!!