1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shaving the private area...

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Kso1995, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Kso1995

i really dont like having hair around my (you know what) so i shave pretty often... but the one downside to it is that it itches like crazy!!! :bang: and i was just wondering if any of you guys/gals know anything to lessen or not itch at all.

2. KaraBulut

I had to look over at your gender to see which "you know what" you were carrying around. We can say "penis" here and We're even okay with "cock" or "dick"- we all know those words in english. :slight_smile:

Sometimes baby powder helps but the best option is to clipper or trim instead of shaving. The problem with shaving is razor rash the next day and the bristle-scratchy hair that starts to grow out the next few days.

3. Katelynn

I still shave my bikini area & have that particular part of my body to deal with as well, so usually, after shaving, I apply baby oil to often the skin, although I have also used St Ives body lotion in the past as well to lessen razor rash & soften the skin. When shaving tho, I use Aveeno shave gel, as it is formulated to slow hair regrowth a bit (but not much), it helps a bit. As for razor rash, shave very slowly to avoid nicks & cuts & rash, & keep on top of shaving that area, dont shave & then wait a few days & then shave & then wait a few days, just keep on top of shaving the area every day, as the itchiness starts when the hair starts really growing in & rubbing against clothing...

4. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would recommend using baby powder like KB suggested or maybe lotion would help smooth it out. You can try those. Usually when you're done shaving it is rather itchy or burn-like feeling but try those, that might help.

5. Myturn

Corn Starch and baby powder.