1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by kizza111, Mar 6, 2012.

1. kizza111

I'm pretty sure I'm allergic to being outside... :grin:

Seriously, quite often when i go outside I get loads of cold-like symptoms: runny nose, sore throat and just generally feel like i'm a walking corpse. All i can think of is maybe hay fever? Seems to be worst if i'm walking to school in the morning on a really sunny day...

Or maybe I just don't belong in the outside world... :lol:

2. does sound like hay fever. take some anti-histamine and you might feel better :slight_smile:

3. KaraBulut

Hay fever is an allergy to ragweed pollen. Ragweed blooms in the Northern hemisphere in late summer, early fall so it wouldn't be hay fever this time of year.

It's more likely to be a tree pollen allergy as this is the time of year when many trees begin to pollinate. You're more likely to have an allergy to the plants and trees that surround your home because you're exposed to their pollen most often.

You can try over-the-counter antihistamines- the non-drowsy brands can be taken during the day. If the antihistamines don't lessen your symptoms, you probably should make an appointment with an allergist for sensitivity testing to determine what you are reacting to.