1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone here worn a chest binder?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by EmmettBlack, Mar 9, 2012.

1. EmmettBlack

Hey everyone, I'm toying with the idea of buying a chest binder, found some really good sites, with really helpful info, size charts etc. .
    But I guess I'd just like to hear from anyone who wears one regularly; Are they comfortable? Can you breathe ok in them? And I guess my main worry would be, from frequent use has anyone experienced tissue damage or similar things from binders?
    I'd eventually like to get my hands on one, just doing my homework first :slight_smile:

2. girlboyari

girlboyari Guest

I'm wondering the same, I've been wanting one too.

3. i dont wear one but i know of people who do.
    they say they can breathe in them okay, admittidly it will take some getting used to i imagine though.

as for tissue damage im not sure.
    but my best guess is that you wear it only when leaving the house/being in company (if at all possible) as binding isnt really that good for your body.

4. EmmettBlack

Thanks for the reply :slight_smile: Yeah I wouldn't wear one constantly if I had one, as obviously your body isn't meant to be restrained in such a way, I know there's different types out there to best suit your body shape etc that have different effects. I do still like the fact that I have boobs, but sometimes it just doesn't work out for me haha :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. KaraBulut

6. hellontoast

Out Status:
    Some people
    The main thing I keep hearing is to make sure you give yourself a break from it regularly, and wash it at least weekly. I don't own a proper chest-binder (I'm using the broke-person's method of sports-bra layering), and I can say that it certainly increases your general temperature, so I've found that I need to pay more attention to the way I layer my clothes, otherwise I break into a sweat every time I take a step. And this is coming from someone who lives in a cold country!

7. EmmettBlack

I might actually try your way first - I had a proper look at the prices of some of the binders last night and wow, they can get expensive! Do you just use the sort of lyrca crop top style bras?

8. KaraBulut

Surgical grade binders are very expensive.

Spanx has come out with a "minimizer" bra. It claims to flatten out the breasts but only reducing the profile by about an inch and it is a bit pricy for a bra. The price is close to the Manx T-shirts for men that flatten out the chest and tummy.

Someone should talk to Spanx about a version of the ManX for FTM- it's a privately owned company and they are always looking for new markets.

9. EmmettBlack

Thanks for that KaraBulut; I'll check the site out and mention the avenue of FTM products to them as well :slight_smile:

I guess because I've only just started thinking of bidning as an option, and then being daunted by the different types, ranges that have different effects, and never having worn one before I have no idea where to start, but yourself and everyone else's input has been incredibly helpful :grin:

10. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm currently looking to buy a binder too. They are so confusing to me.... there are so many different options. I'm still trying to figure out what would work for me.

11. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've just bought a binder for the first time, it arrived a few days ago. I can breathe fine in it, but taking deep breaths is a little tougher, and I wouldn't want to do vigorous exercise in it. It feels tight, but not particularly uncomfortable for short periods, I haven't worn it for more than an hour at once so far though.

12. EmmettBlack

Cheers Maddy :slight_smile: What kind did you end up buying and whereabouts did you buy it from?

13. stupidIvan

Oh my god, this thread is boss! I was hoping something like this would come up, as I'm considering getting a binder. This is all so helpful! :::: ))

14. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I bought it from Underworks. The one I decided on was the 997 double-front, although now I'm wishing I got the tri-top as I've since heard that it compresses better, and the double-front doesn't get me that flat.

15. EmmettBlack

Man this site is awesome and so descriptive!!! Thanks heaps mate!
    I've been looking at the 988-FTM Extreme Chest Concealer Tank; It's one of the new ones and while compressing the chest area there's no added pressure around the stomach area, might give that one a go. .

16. KaraBulut

The prices are very reasonable.

And everything went well with international shipping?

17. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It came faster than half the things I've ordered that were shipped from elsewhere in Australia, and with international shipping included it came out to less than $50. I was really impressed.

18. EmmettBlack

That's really good to hear! Last night I ordered the 988 Model chest binder I mentioned in the previous post - I'll let you guys know how it goes! It was cheap as too; only $54 ish that's including international Airmail shipping! Thanks for the link to the site Maddy :grin:

19. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I deciding between the 983 and the 988. I can't decide if I want the entire undershirt.

#19 BradThePug, Mar 12, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  20. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No I have not.