1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lump in back

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Revan, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So in my lower back close to my spine between my hip bone and spine there feels like a lump. Though it's only if I push down. If I just lay my hand on the area where it is, I can't feel it, only if I press down and search for it. It doesn't hurt, or for the most part doesn't hurt, my lower back does but it often hurts my lower back is just bad lol. It also kind of moves when i move back and forth with my hand...I'm just wondering what it could be. Like is it an abscess, a cyst, something from trauma/injury, or a benign lipoma? Or is it my kidney? lol. I am going to most likely book a doctor's appointment if I can on Monday, but I do want something to relieve my worry...

2. JRNagoya

I had the same thing, but in my right armpit. Turned out to be a benign lipoma. I went ahead and had it removed since it was in an area heavy with lymph nodes. Fairly simple procedure. Surgery was done in less than 30 minutes and I went home maybe an hour or so later. Haven't had any complications since.

It's always better to be safe than to constantly worry over something. Get it checked out. At least for the peace of mind.

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah. Well at least it seems like none of the four I listed are life-threatening...but still not necessarily a good thing lol.

4. KaraBulut

From the description, it's difficult to tell exactly where the lump is.

The lumps that we are usually concerned with are warm, red or tender to the touch. If they are in the area at the top of the butt cleft around the tailbone, then there can be a more serious problem.

5. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope they're more...umm gosh its difficult to get a picture lol. Ummm here's a picture, where my fingers are is where the lump is. Like I said, it's UNDER the skin. Putting my hand there I can't feel it UNLESS I push down, not hard but still you don't feel it on the skin...its more under the skin you could almost say IN the body....

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/6044/photoon120311at202pm.jpg