1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get a good workout

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by flymetothemoon, Mar 13, 2012.

1. flymetothemoon

I have recently started trying to eat healthier and go to the gym, and I'm going 3 times a week to start. I joined at Planet Fitness because it was cheap, and I've been trying to get some information about how to get a really good workout on their machines. Unfortunately, most of what I'm finding just tells me about what a "joke" the gym is to body builders rather than giving me any idea of how to get a good workout, gain some muscle, and lose some weight. Can anyone help me out?

2. flymetothemoon

Tried to edit this to explain a little better what I'm looking for, but couldn't seem to find the edit button for some reason. What I have been doing right now is 15 minutes on the treadmill to warm up, the 30 minute express circuit, and another 15 minutes on the treadmill. The express circuit has steps and then some of the weight machines that work out arms, legs, and one ab machine. I'm not sure if there are other things I should be trying to do to broaden my horizons and get a better workout, and would just like some suggestions of things I could try out that might help me get a better workout.