1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wisdom Teeth

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Colton, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Colton

So I got my wisdom teeth pulled yesterday, and had a milkshake, pudding, applesauce, jello, and iced tea. But it's not very, filling, and I was wondering what foods I could essentialy switch to today on the 2nd day. Thanks :slight_smile:

2. Mercy

Mercy Guest

Ensure are benificial they are a supplimentary drink and they fill me right up :slight_smile: Mashed potatoes are also a score broth from soup is also fun for that situation

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A friend suggested baby food to me when I got mine pulled and that turned out to be a surprisingly good option.

Other than that, I'd stick to the soft foods for at least a couple of days... what you don't want to do is anything with a straw, or anything that could risk breaking up the clot that forms in the socket where the tooth was, otherwise you can be in for some serious pain.

4. TraceElement

When I got mine out, I ended up eating Ramen and mashed up Cheese-Its. Like mercy said, try Ensure, boost, carnation instant breakfast, or something simmilar. If you like cereal, use the Ensure instead of milk and let the cereal get soft and eat it that way. If you do it, try it with Cocoa Pebbles, Fruity pebbles, or something like that to make it go down easier and not taste nasty. You could also make a fruit smoothie with yogurt, frozen fruit, and a little juice. Just try and stay away from strawberries, blackberries and rasperries because they have the little seeds in them that could aggrivate the surgery site.

5. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Any soft foods are fine really. But honestly after I got mine pulled, I was eating steak by day 5. The trick is to learn how to chew with your front teeth, you'll feel like a ferret but it works. Just avoid chewing with your back teeth as much as possible and you should be alright.

Did your dentist give you something to flush out the empty sockets with? Because that helped me alot.

6. Cascade

Soft foods for the first little while are best, nothing that moves your jaw too much because that hurts like the dickens.

For me, on the 4th day I could eat normal food with my front teeth, and by the 6th I could eat normally. The main problem is being careful with where you put the food so you don't pull the blood clot out and get dry socket which can be extremely painful. Best to take it slow and be careful.

7. darkestknight

My wisdom tooth was partially embedded and was broken.

So I called up my favourite dentist, one month later (he is very good and famous in the district) and he yanked it out in 5 minutes time. He gives me only 600mg Panadol (Tylenol) as painkillers, no steroids or no strong ones.

On the 5th day I'm eating fried chicken and has no problems eating other stuff. Only thing is to chew the stuff on the other side of the mouth. Rest of it, it's almost pain-free, only mild discomfort for the first few days.

8. fragomatrick

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I remember eating ice cream the whole day when my wisdom tooth was pulled out.
    sigh

It was the most beautiful day ever!

9. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Chicken noodle soup is the classic. You can even put little crackers in it and let them soften up. Just don't heat the soup up too much, you don't want to scald your mouth in addition to having just been operated on. :slight_smile: