1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HIV scare please help for answers.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by crow21, Mar 16, 2012.

1. crow21

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hi every one, i am very scare that i may be having hiv symptoms and it is eating me deeply due to anxiety.This is my story
    on the 27th of febuary i met a lady and she didnt tell me she was on her period :dry:
    when had unprotected sex which was again very stupid of me an about four day later i noticed some changes in me, first i started to feel some chills and alot of muscle pains in my body.although i smoke alot on the 26th i took an early morning long walk an felt as if my chest was about to collaspe and i sweared that i wont ever smoke again.But after about three weeks i had a pain under my armpit and it isnt swollen much but i felt pains around my armpit,also i noticed a pain under my jaw and now i feel more scared:confused: .i dont have hight temperature,i dont have dry cough or headache, but i am always cold whenever i am thinking of the fact that i amy be infected bcos i didnt know her status.I called her and told her my fears and she said she was tested for std and every thing including hiv three yeas ago.Pleas help bcos the pains around my joints especially my legs are making me super freak out .are this signs of HIV ?especially since i havent been having any swollen lymph nodes in the past?i dont know if ican say they are swolen bcos they are not visible, but i feel pain there under my jaw and my armpit...please somebody help me:icon_sad: though i tend to have some flash of headache once a while especially when i have been worrying all day :icon_sad:

---------- Post added 16th Mar 2012 at 05:00 AM ----------

i have a tooth condtion too in the past and one of my tooth gum is swollen in the right part of my mouth and i have the pain under the right part of my jaw too.please help me pls

2. Bedroom Hymns

Dude, first of all, why do you ask that here? Your situation has nothing to do with the non-straight community or coming out. I find it a little offensive that you come ask about STDs to gay people...

Anyway, I understand why you are feeling scared but it sounds to me as if you are just being a little paranoid. Still, you should go get tested and never again have unprotected sex, ja?

3. crow21

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Thanks pal, i am bisexual, i am sorry about this if the post offends you guys!just need quick advice and found myself here

4. Bedroom Hymns

Oh sorry then, I thought you were straight but I guess even if you were I'd feel a little guilty for my reaction, maybe I was exaggerating :slight_smile:.

Anyway, I cannot really give you any more advice because I'm not experienced in that area but I'm sure someone will soon post something that will help you :slight_smile:.

5. LailaForbidden

The only person who can give you a reliable answer is a doctor. I'd get tested. good luck! i wish you the best!

6. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Laila is correct. You can ho and hum and get nervous about it, search Google, etc. But the only way you are going to know for sure is to go to a doctor and get tested. And whether this is through anonymous rapid-hiv testing if there is one in your area, or going to your doctor or health-unit and asking, get it done. In either case, your identity is still protected, it's not like they're going to call your parents (if you're living with them or even if you're not) and telling them, they'd leave it up to you. But honestly, just get tested. It's better knowing and being able to help yourself (if + obviously will need to get put on meds at some point, if - then at least you have the relief knowing you're okay) than not knowing and infecting others.

7. Myturn

8. KaraBulut

For record, EC welcomes everyone- gay, straight, bisexual, polyamorous, asexual, whatever.

9. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    :smilewave

----

You will be fine, honestly. (*hug*) And belated welcome to EC, I'm sorry that you don't find yourself here under more positive circumstances.
    Just to add, it sounds like it could be many things, so you can either sit around and worry about something (that's very likely to be some non-HIV related ailment) or go out and elimante these worries by seeing a doctor and getting tested. Simple :slight_smile:

10. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Welcome to EC. I'm pleased you felt comfortable to ask here, regardless of your sexuality.

I don't know what country you're in but you can probably get tested for STIs for free and anonymously (without your doctor or anyone knowing). In the UK you can on the NHS and through sexual health charities like Terrence Higgins Trust. You'll normally get the results in about a week but some can do preliminary results within an hour or so.

I don't know what the symptoms are, but it is probably worth seeing your doctor too. Tell him/her what happened, they've heard it all before and it's their job to be professional and non-judgemental.

11. Nat3

Nat3 Guest

What Kara wrote is true. (&&&)
    Read the rules if you have to... before commenting about EC being only for LGBT.>.<

And back to the main post... The best solution would be to get tested, even thought it is advised to wait for a certain period before you can get tested... do it ASAP -since you are having symptoms.
    I don't think it is necessary for you to go to your doctor to get tested, there are clinics and health centers where you can get tested if you don't want to visit your doctor. But it is really important that you do get tested, either with your Doctor or in a clinic.

We cannot help you with more than advise as we are not doctors.

12. JackSplat

Out Status:
    Some people
    The window period for HIV testing is 4 to 12 weeks. If you have a test as negative at 4 weeks it is encouraging but not definite. At 12 weeks it is 99% and at six months it is 100%.

If you had symptoms after only four days, those symptoms are not from HIV. The first symptoms may only appear about two weeks after infections and will last for a couple of weeks before it enters a latent phase which can last for months to years before the illness progresses to AIDS.

You should get tested, but I am sure you are worrying needlessly. If you want to get a faster result see if you can convince the girl to get tested. If she is negative you are in the clear, unless she is still in a window period since she got infected, which is unlikely but not impossible.