1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cushion for heels

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Sesshomaru, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Sesshomaru

I recently got a job as a cashier at Walmart and love everything about the job, except the fact that my feet are killing me the last hour or so of work and for a while after I get home. It's nothing major, all pain is gone by morning/within a few hours but if I could find some kind of cushion for my feels I'd never have to deal with this. I was looking around the store and found a few things from Dr. Scholl for feet but I'm not sure which to get. There were a few insoles for around $10 and after using the foot machine there it told me about some insole numbered 230 I should get but it's $50 and I really am not looking to spend that much.

So any suggestions? I'd prefer if it were something I could pick up in a store, even better if it's sold at Walmart. I wear any shoe size from a 10 to a 12 if that matters.

2. KaraBulut

Question #1 is what kind of shoe you're wearing. Insoles will help but a better athletic shoe with cushioned soles will help. It might be worth upgrading to a better quality shoe.

There are inexpensive insoles commonly referred to as "gels" that will reduce the stress on pressure points on your feet. Try those- they aren't going to cause any harm. If they don't do the trick, you can look at the orthotic insoles made by Dr Scholl's or PowerStep that have arch supports and cushioned areas- they tend to run in the range between $20-50.

3. Sesshomaru

I'll buy a gel heel cushion tomorrow then. I usually wear a pair of black polo shoes for work.