1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Now im coughing up blood....

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Ty, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Ty

Ty Guest

Okay so i just got out of the shower and felt like i needed to spit to clear my throat, so i spit into the sink and its practically ALL blood.. I was like woah because my throat doesnt hurt anymore, i can speak normally and the only problem is a slight cough i have. The blood was kinda dark so it couldn't have been fresh. This is so weird. Im going to the doctors on wensday anyways soo.....

2. Ty

Ty Guest

Actually no, re looking at it, it does look quite fresh.. hmmm

3. JSG

JSG Guest

Isn't blood dark when it's old or hasn't passed though the kidneys?

4. Ty

Ty Guest

It looked dark at first glance but when i had a closer look it's a normal color.

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Oh, that's not good. Glad you have an appointment with the doctor! Let us know what you find out.

6. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

If blood has been in any part of your digestive system or somewhere else that it shouldn't be for a while, it will become darker. If it is normal blood-red then it is fresh. If you are still suffering with that bad throat, it could have come from there.

In any case, if you are still not feeling any better than you were last weekend I think you should go to the doctor and get an expert opinion. Tell him/her everything that's been happening.

7. Grof142007

*shivers* i hope everything goes well(*hug*)

8. Ty

Ty Guest

Spat out some more blood just now.... this is really weird :S I hate having to wait to go to the doctors for so long....

9. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would go to the doctor right now... dark blood that you're spitting up is not a good thing. If you can't see a doctor, go to Emergency. It can't hurt to get checked out and it might help a bunch.

10. biisme

go to the doctor. please.

11. Ty

Ty Guest

I will, in a few days.
    Atleast those who don't like my posts won't have to put up for me much longer as i cough to death :slight_smile:

12. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dude I don't think you get it... if you are coughing up blood, that's serious. You shouldn't wait a week to get that checked out.

13. ohioboy

my mother is a docter and she said that it could be infection,cancer,digestive problems,
    ect
    hope this help's

14. Ty

Ty Guest

Maybe you've misunderstood.
    I only like cough up blood a few random times today... look let me go to the sink and see if i cough up blood now * runs to the sink*

erhmm only a little tiny bit. nothing to be concerned about.

15. biisme

go to a doctor u stubborn man!!! go! right now! RIGHT NOW!

i will not be happy if u die.

16. Casey17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ty, it might be best if you go early. Coughing up blood is pretty serious. :frowning2:

17. InaRut

Didn't the main actress in Moulin Rouge cough up blood?
    Not good...

18. Urman

Urman Guest

please go to the doctor

19. Ty

Ty Guest

Okay so i think ive deduced that the blood that i spit up comes from my nose because when i spit from the throat, its clear whereas when i spit from the nose, its urmm bloody lol. When i wake up in the morning its black blood, but throughout the day it just stays as normal fresh blood, which must mean something is cut -.- damn nose!

AH yeah and i also know it must be something to do with my nose because i got a TINY bit of blood on a tissue when i blew my nose soo...

20. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

Old adage in medicine: Common things happen more commonly. One has to take in various circumstances surrounding you for the past week or so, age, etc. Chances are the blood is from the nose area and is the result of a lot of congestion and small blood vessels rupturing. As long as it is not active or flowing, am not too concerned. Cancer, etc with the recent past history and your age makes those doubtful.

Through what you have said all along with this "Cold" it has been pretty bad. I am not surprised to see the various things happening, but it is likely not something to get into a panic over. Again, sounds like it is from the nasal area and is relatively minor. Now, quit hacking and spitting as it will just irritate it all the more. Warm salt water gargles would be better.