1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mental health..

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Fallible, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Fallible

So lately I've been concerned with my mental health. My memory has been terrible lately, and I've been forgetting a lot of words and phrases. Also, this is weird, but sometimes I almost forget where I am, like if I'm sitting in my room in the dark while on my computer, I'll think, "Where am I?" Then I'll remember, "Oh, I'm in my room." Or once I was biking on my exercise bike and I forgot where I was also, then I remembered soon after. Also I've been struggling with my gender (I'm biologically female), like sometimes I'll think I'm a guy stuck in a female body, then others I'll have thoughts of being a girl stuck in a male body, even though my body is female.. This confuses me so much somtimes. I've tried to tell my mom my concerns with my forgetfulness, but she doesn't seem to think anything's wrong with me. I'm not sure if this is important, but my doctor recently put me on Abilify for mood swings. So maybe it's the medication? Or maybe I'm just going crazy? Ugh, either way, I need some feedback, I feel as if I'm going nuts. :help:

2. RainbowWolfie

My advice, take this up with your doctor. It could be serious, or you could just be naturally forgetful like me. Either way it will give you your piece of mind back when you know for sure that you are okay.
    Hang in there!
    (*hug*)

3. KaraBulut

This is something that you do need to talk with your doctor about. There's a number of illnesses that can cause symptoms like this and your doctor would need to get a complete history and run the appropriate tests to find a cause.