1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fluoxetine side effects..?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Super Trouper, Apr 13, 2012.

1. I've been taking fluoxetine with Magnesium Aspartate for almost two weeks, and I've been experiencing some annoying symptoms since then. Nausea, loss of appetite and a feeling of heaviness or something in my head. I know these are normal side effects from SSRI's, but I took fluoxetine (with the Magnesium Aspartate) two years ago and I didn't feel any side effects.

I was wondering if this is normal, is it caused by the fluoxetine and/or the magnesium? Or is there something wrong?

2. KaraBulut

It's not unusual for patients to have nausea with SSRIs. Paxil (paroxetine) seems to SSRI that seems to nausea most often but about 25% of patients taking fluoxetine (Prozac) do experience some nausea as a side effect.

Why are you taking the mag aspartate?

3. Because the doctor prescribed it to me two years ago, as a supplement, I guess... And this time, I asked the doctor (a different one) to prescribe it to me again, because I thought it was actually necessairy.

4. Peregrine

All of those are classic SSRI side effects. I've been on fluoxetine too and experienced those along with others: clenched jaw, muscle spasms, general restlessness, yawning, kind of a cobwebby feeling in my brain. They will subside in time, don't worry. Hope everything goes well.

5. Daisy1

I used to have crazy vivid dreams when I was on prozac...

6. Really? How so?