1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nausea

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Perrygay, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

I'm going to the doctor for this on Monday, but I wanted to see if anyone could give me a little insight before then.

I flew back to Georgia from Orlando on the second, and the terminal building that my gate was in had some sort of security breach. Long story short, I had to sit in front of my departure gate for twenty-five minutes with blinking lights and sirens going off all around me while they investigated whatever it was that happened in the building. And every day since then, including that night, I've had a migrain. What's making me so nauseous is obviously the migrains, but I've had migrains before and I've never had this degree of pressure sensation in my eyes. Everytime I jerk my eyes to look at something I have to sit down because I get so nauseous.

I know I'm only sixteen, but I thought it might be worth noting that I did get drunk last night (I felt better last night after throwing up a few times and went out with my friends) and the migrain that I had today wasn't nearly as bad as the previous ones. It's silly, I know, but it might be useful information.

Any comments would be appreciated. :thumbsup:

2. Bryan

hmm..... migraines+ beer= not such a good idea

I cant tell you much, but just take some Excedrin migraines until you get to the doctor, and no beer pong

3. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

With migraine headaches, the primary mechanism behind it appears to be the constriction and dilation of the arteries in the head. Alcohol causes dilation of the blood vessels thus can make a migraine worse. Some are sensitive to caffeine, thus can have onset of a migraine from any drink that has it in it. So not a good idea to imbibe in alcohol with your condition.

Migraine is also thought to be Allergy based too. Seems to run in families with asthma also.

4. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

I went to the doctor yesterday and I forgot to tell y'all about it. I just had some form of eye strain, and the opthamologist gave me eye drops I have to put in every day for two weeks. She said the migrains could have probably been triggered by the strain so that's good news.

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Oh good, I hope they get better!