1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fitness??

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by BajanBoy13, Apr 23, 2012.

1. BajanBoy13

So I run 3 times a week for about an hour each time but its more like jog then walk and repeat.

So what I want to know is will this reduce the amount of fat burned if I where jogging the entire time?

2. speedracing22

Well the faster you go the more calories you'll burn, however if you walk uphill for example, you might burn just as many calories as you would jogging on a flat surface.

My friend and I both sometimes work out together at the gym. I jog uphill on the treadmill for 45 mins. He runs fast on a flat treadmill for 45 mins. In the end, I sometimes end up burning the same if not more calories then him.

3. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Well as long as your out of breathe at the end, your burning calories. Not literally though

4. BajanBoy13

Thanks,but will during this time will my body switch to burning fore fat than calories?

5. KaraBulut

Running, bicycling and walking all consume calories. Fat stores are used when you exercise- it's just a matter of how intense the exercise is.

Walking up an incline- like a hill is as intense as running, so it's not as much the exercise as it is how hard you're working and how long you're doing the exercise. Generally 30 minutes is the minimum length of time in order to be effective.

6. BajanBoy13

Ooh Ok because I run outside in the forest where it inclines and all that

7. suninthesky

8. BajanBoy13

That signs pretty cool,I also do basic workouts after like bicep curls,pushups,sit ups,pull ups