1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I do it? (not sex XD)

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Waffles, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Waffles

So, I'm 5'9" and 120 lbs... and I have lean muscle.
    I'm not muscular, but I'm lean and toned.
    But... my chest is flat as heck. OTL
    I look up videos on how to build up the chest, but they all require gym memberships or fancy machines. The problem there is... I'm broke. XD
    I DON'T WANNA BE RIPPED. I just wanna look proportional and a little more masculine... my figure is more on the "feminine" side. XD
    My usual physical activities is that I do MMA 2-3 times a week, and I play/train volleyball people. .3.

So... any advice? ( 'w')

2. Ridiculous

You can definitely get a good chest without machines or the gym - all you need is a set of dumbbells which can be gotten very cheaply second-hand. Dumbbell flys, dumbbell presses (i.e. benchpress) work excellently for chest.

As usual, for exercise threads I'll link to this site - all of those chest exercises can be done at home with dumbbells. There are also some pushup exercises which you can do without any equipment, which will target the chest as well as other upper-body areas such as the shoulders.

If you have a 'feminine' body shape, then the issue is probably your shoulders and lats rather than your chest. When people think of a masculine body type they are thinking of the 'V' taper, with a wide upper body going down to a smaller waist. When viewed from the front, the wideness at the top of the V is mostly going to be coming from the shoulders and your latissimus dorsi muscles (back muscles), so you may want to investigate exercises for those areas too. A muscular chest will mainly grow outward, so won't contribute as much to the V shape when viewed from the front.

Also your arms, particularly the triceps, can contribute quite a lot to the V shape too.

Regarding not wanting to get ripped - how much muscle you put on is pretty much directly proportional to how much weight you are using. If you get to a point where you don't want to get any bigger, then just stop increasing the weight or even reduce it a little.