1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange Tattoo After Effects

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by thylvin, May 14, 2012.

1. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know if any of you guys have ever experienced something like this and it kinda gets me a little worried.

You see I have gotten a tattoo a few years back. Is's a little tiger, but its just above my pubes to below my navel right where that narrow band of hair grows. Here's my problem. That part of my skin is very sensitive. I have to be careful of belts that I wear as plated belts irritates that part of the skin and cause sores. This isn't what worries me.

What does worry me is that sometimes it itches there and scratching there, is like sensitive sore, but a kind of sore I find, well erotic. I once by accident spilled some candle wax on that part. It was painful but a good pain, an enjoyable pain. I'm not the kind of person for this. So my question is: is it save to play with candle wax on that part of the skin or is there some kind of dangers I should be aware of?

2. cscipio

I have a few tattoos one in particular goes all the way down my back. I got it when I was 18. It still itches from time to time. I really don't know what causes it to 'flare' up. It's never gotten so problematic that I've worried over it though.

3. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @csipio, But when your tattoos itches and you scratch, how does that feel for you?

4. cscipio

I'm not sure if I understand the question; but, it's relieving to scratch it. It's much like hives though - sometimes scratching at it causes it to itch more; so, I try to ignore it when it happens.

I'd theorize that you have a slight allergic reaction to nickel which is likely a main alloy in your plated belt. I'm not a doctor so this is 'broscience' at play - the area where your tattooed is already a more sensitive portion of skin and the tattoo has probably made it even more so since the ink does sit within the dermis. So, if an allergen comes in contact you're probably having a very mild reaction.

---------- Post added 14th May 2012 at 05:34 AM ----------

I went back and re-read your post. For me, I don't find the tattoo itching to be erotic. But, if you like it, good. As for candle wax, so long as you're not irritating the skin to the point of injury, there are a lot of people who play with wax as part of sex. The important thing is to know that area of skin burns easier than say the back of your arm. You want to be careful you don't cause a mild burn there or you'll be even more uncomfortable for a few days after. You also may end up marring your tattoo if you over do it.

5. KaraBulut

Wax play is a fairly common act of pain/pleasure foreplay.

Candle wax comes in different melting points. The hotter the wax, the more likely it is to burn the skin. In general, the harder the wax, the hotter it has to get to melt. For this reason, you should either buy candles designed for that purpose (usually available as "body wax candles" at pleasure shops) or choose candles that have low melting points. Avoid the very hard tapered candles as these have higher melting points.

6. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thx both for answering

@cscipio, I have since long ago got rid of the belts, now i have pure leather and stainless steel. Though yeah as you said about the itching, once you start it's hard to stop.

@KaraBulut, What is even stranger is that i'm not into pain/pleasure at all. i kinda find it revolting to pain someone just to get pleasure out of it. But this thing with me, it's not actual pain nothing like that. But I guess it's also because it's more sensitive and the tattoo just made it more so. But still it's kinda erotic, I guess i understand the whole idea of pain/pleasure, but I think this is for me sufficient.