1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

could this ALL be from anxiety

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Pseudojim, May 14, 2012.

1. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Last night i felt healthy, but then had a shock and was very stressed, i don't want to go into detail.

I slept 3 hours last night, and today all of my bones and joints ache, i have a terrible headache, my spine feels like a solid shaft so i am shambling around like a geriatric zombie if i try to walk. I can't warm up, i am under 2 blankets and a doona with a heater on and am shivering, and worse is when i touch my own skin anywhere, i feel cold to myself and i get very unpleasant cold tingles from the touch. I feel horrible in my head but i can't really define it, but i certainly can't calm down or relax. The ache in my fingers is making this post really uncomfortable to type.

2. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It could be anxiety, those all sound like very possible symptoms if you're REALLY REALLY anxious.
    If it gets worse though, see a doctor. I'm not sure what other solution there is...

3. RedState

Well Jim, the first question I would have would be are you on any type of medication...and have you abruptly stopped taking said medication. God knows that can really screw with you.

I stopped taking something I was prescribed suddenly and thought I was going to die...i should have read where it said "Do not stop suddenly"

Secondly, do you suffer from anxiety? I mean, it is a chemical imbalance in the brain and something that a lot of people have that must take medication for.

Third...and most common...it could be just a passing thing that most of us deal with..feeling like shit and wondering what the hell is going on.

Take 2 aspirin and if you don't feel better in a couple days...you may want to go get checked out.

Regards,

Dr. RedState

4. ArcaneVerse

Yeah very well could be all from anxiety but its not clear that it is. Could be a viral\flu thing or something else.

Is your mind racing? do you feel sort of withdrawn? Any difficulty breathing, like hyperventilating? shaking? restlessness, pacing about? impending doom feeling?

All the things you described I have felt when I've had anxiety attacks before, the pain in the joints and muscles are usually from being constantly tense. though ive never had bone pain before.

Try to focus on something else, trivial things and deep breath...if they helps its most likely anxiety. If it continues or gets worse I would see a doctor

5. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No meds, no doom feeling, social anxiety all the time (which is all part and parcel), no breathing problems, plenty restlessness, certainly no pacing, but mind racing yeah. It got a lot better and i'm more relaxed now, but my hips and back still ache pretty bad.

Weird reaction, never happened from stress before. Cheers all, seems to be on the out now