1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How often do I have to do 'weight training'..

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Chickzak, May 17, 2012.

1. Chickzak

Haha I say weight training, I mean how often do I have to pick those real light weight up where I just flex my muscles. I just want a tiny bit of muscle there, instead of fat. So just wondering, if I dont pick them up for a day and flex them constantly, will they get real stiff?

The wording to this thread is really not good but I'm too tired to thinkkk! :lol:

2. Lad123

After you workout, your muscles need roughly 48 hours to repair themselves so its best to do it like every 2 days. If you workout on the same muscles everyday it won't be beneficial and it would affect your progress. This doesn't stop you from working out everyday though as you can target different muscles between each session. For example, you may concentrate on the upper body on the first day, and then concentrate on the lower body the second day, and then go back to the upper body the third day.

#2 Lad123, May 17, 2012
    Last edited: May 17, 2012
  3. TraceElement

Like lad said, every other day for weights. Your post suggests that you want more lean mucle, so maybe 5 pounds and work up to 2 sets of 20 reps.

4. Lad123

Hey Chickzak, I got your wall message but I couldn't send you one for some reason, and I don't have pm privileges yet.

Well I'm still a beginner too with gym and stuff :eek: but I suggest eating some protein with carboyhdrates within an hour after a workout e.g. a chicken sandwich on wholemeal bread as a quick little food source, doesn't sound that appetising I know :slight_smile: It's because your body needs the protein quickly after burning all that energy, then just have your dinner later.

Foods best before a workout (within an hour or 2) are carbohydrates because the body prefers to use this as fuel. If you however eat a large meal before working out then it may affect your performance feeling a bit sluggish etc.

Don't forget that water and stay hydrated :icon_wink