1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Losing motivation to eat?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by TyraBanksIsFierce, Jan 9, 2008.

1. TyraBanksIsFierce

Lately ive lost my motivation to eat a bit, well not so much the eating but preparing anything, like today at lunchtime thier was baked beans in the fridge i really couldnt be bothered making it so i just ate a few bits of bread without buttering them or anything - straight out of the packet. Hell even making cereal is a big deal sometimes, so all i eat during the day is like ten biscuits and bread and a glass of water:icon_redf

advice?

thanks in advance

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Eating like that is obviously not healthy for you. The motivation should come from the fact that you need to take care of your body to be healthy. Their are alot of foods that are healthy and easy to prepare too. Maybe if you take some time each day to make sure their are healthy choices in the refridgerator, it won't seem so overwhelming doing it everytime you need to eat.

3. Louise

Is everything else in your life fine? Is it just the food or have you lost motivation in life in general? I ask this because this could be one of the symptoms of mild depression, if so there are lots of support groups or books which can help you deal with this.

4. TyraBanksIsFierce

woah i looked at the symptoms of it and i have quite a few...

5. Sam

Sam

I suffer from depression and there are times where I don't have the motivation to even get out of the chair I'm sitting in to do anything like get something to eat and other things I need to do. The thought of getting up out of the chair to do anything seems overwhelming to me.

I think you might be suffering from depression it isn't a bad thing if you manage it like maybe speaking to someone or getting some medication.

6. Gustav

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anxiety too can cause loss of hunger.