1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Excess Skin after weight loss

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Fiender, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Fiender

Hello! I lost 70 pounds last year and I definitely look better than I did. However, since I was overweight for a very long time my skin hangs from my body. It looks fine when I'm standing but who has a relation ship while standing :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I started working out to gain muscle tissue to 'fill the void' so to speak and I've gained 7 pound of what I'm pretty sure is muscle since I began. I've given my body a year to adjust but It doesn't seem to be changing.

I'm not comfortable with my body like this and I was wondering if anyone knows of a remedy, or an exercise or something I can do that will deal with this (other than expensive tummy-tucks, of course.)

2. CrimsonThunder

You said you lost 70 pounds last year but did you do it OVER the year or in a few months. Because if you did it over a long time it would be fine, your skin would have shrunk with you.

From what I know is it won't go back to normal... But we'll see if someone else knows better.

3. Fiender

I did it in 5 months, So I guess it wouldn't have adjusted.

4. CrimsonThunder

Really, thats quite a good time. (I only just converted how much 70 pounds is and its 35KG) I can't picture much left over skin from that... But yeah, continue with the working out! That'll add to the sexyness. XD

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    70 pounds in 5 months? :jawdrop: That is a alot of weight to lose in such a short time. No wonder you are having problems with baggy skin. Well, excercising is the key. You just need to keep at it and don't worry about the weight gain. It IS muscle. If you can afford it, it might be helpful to get a trainer who knows what they are doing and knows the excercises that are going to tone you up in the right places.

6. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

Given time the skin will adjust but the other likely thing you will notice will be stretch marks on the skin, especially around the shoulders, hips and stomach. The major problem with them is their discoloration, sort of bluish but this will fade over time, yet the scar will remain. Suggest Vit E base creams over the coming year may help. What you are doing with the workouts is good and it is adding lean muscle mass to you and that weighs much more than fat. It will all help. Don't get discouraged and also don't check for results too often. You may not notice the changes so much, but others will.