1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Excersise?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Alyyxx, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Alyyxx

Sunshine Coast, Australia, QLD to be precise =D
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I am like really uncomfortable with my body atm and beleive i have just that little too much you know and think i could use a little working out you know..

But there's 2 probs, 1, i aint gonna go 1) Working out infront of friends / family 2) Doing sports with people that hate me (Which is pretty much everyone) or 3) Asking mum to buy me workout stuff so i can work out of something.

And i'm 14 so i really don't know if it would be such a good idea...

I HATE sports because i ALWAYS get critisised and stuff by people and i find it way too competitive and junk.

And i was just wondering if anyone know like a little descreet excersize i could like do every now and then like maybz before bed that could help me lose that extra bit or something.

Idk why i'm asking i just need some advice about it =D

:help:

2. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

Doing "floor" exercises is easy and doesn't take equipment, just dedication to doing it every week, 3-5 times a week. Best in the morning as if you do a rather good workout, it won't keep you awake.

Floor exercises = Push ups, tummy crunches, (chair) leg crunches, tricep push ups, lunges, squats.

Overall great exercise = walking for up to 30 - 40 minutes at a time - fast enough to be slightly out of breath but can still carry on a conversation or sing a song without difficulty (no matter what it sounds like to others). Work up to an hour or better. Do it rain or shine.

Good luck.

3. EthanS

EthanS Guest

A powerball :grin: im gettin one 2moz XD

4. xxAngelOnFirexx

well i lift weight but i also do crunches. but exersice will do nothing for you if you don't change the way you eat. more natural raw foods like friut and veggies, cut out junk food entirerly and everytime you want a sweet eat a sweet fruit. after a while you will crave that instead of ice cream or cookies. diet sodas are better, the whole diet is bad is a lie, i don't have time to explain but the goverment was overly protective and wrong. so non diet will make you fat. lots of water too. when you eat a meal eat the healthiest part first so you fill up on that and don't want more of the worse parts. like the veggies, then pasta then meat. meat is good but most portions are huge. pasta is energy. its all about the food. exersise is needed but its only 50% of getting a look you want. and be careful diet is addictive and you may never be happy with how you look.

5. CrimsonThunder

- Weights. You can do lots of exercises with these, just do a google search if you want to buy some.
    - Push ups and sit ups. Work the arms and the abs.
    - Lots of jogging (can be on the spot in your room)
    - Kicks
    - Punches

6. acorn7

There's a really great blog called Zen Habits (it's bascially ways to improve your life) with some specific articles on exercise and weight loss:
    http://zenhabits.net/2007/10/31-ways-to-motivate-yourself-to-exercise/
    http://zenhabits.net/2007/10/hassle-free-weight-loss-the-zen-habits-meal-plan/
    http://zenhabits.net/2007/08/get-off-your-butt-16-ways-to-get-motivated-when-youre-in-a-slump/

For the more technical side of things, more specifically strength training, check out http://stronglifts.com/ . The site more or less assumes you're willing to build a small home gym or go to the gym, which I understand is not what you want to do, and I don't want to do that either, but you can always adapt to your environment. Like I found a decent spot in my basement — it's fairly private (until someone walks down, which is rare in the morning).

7. waitingsucks

I think I should star doing those things, I'm more of a gym junkie but I still need to be taught most of the stuff.

8. CrimsonThunder

Best way to learn is to buy some good quality DVD's Hugh. I recommend Power 90. =]