1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protein/Whey Muscle Powder

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Messed Up, May 28, 2012.

1. Messed Up

Messed Up Guest

I have bitch arms. I need it to bulge out my shirt, like, BULGE! Like biceps so round (read in Fat Bastard’s voice from the Austin Powers films) "it cud choke a donkay”. LOL

But seriously, I’m going to buy muscle protein powder for shakes soon but I wanted to know what you guys recommend. I work out however my arms aren’t getting targeted properly and my trainer gave the okay to buy the powder. I asked him and he gave some options but what do you guys think? :slight_smile: Any particular brand you use?

Thanks guys :slight_smile:

2. KaraBulut

Your best options are the real deal- milk, cheese, eggs, meat. Shakes are good for between meal snacks because they're more portable and don't have to be kept refrigerated.

Any brand of whey protein or egg protein powder is fine to mix into a shake. In the US, there's a premixed brand called Muscle Milk that has both a pleasant taste and a generous amount of protein for the price and it's handy to throw into a backpack or lunch bag.

Just be sure to read the labels. Plain protein powders taste a bit like a cross between baby powder and paste, so a lot of manufacturers will add a lot of fat and carbs to help make the taste more pleasant.

3. iamnotemo

iamnotemo Guest

Whey protein is fine just don't get any of that complex stuff. When you're working out, always look for new moves and change up the number of reps and sets you do when you work out. Try to make your next workout different from the last because when you change your routine your muscles need to adapt more and more to the workout making them grow.

And please do not choke a donkey!

4. Messed Up

Messed Up Guest

Hahah and why can’t I choke a donkay? LOL Thanks for the advice guys :slight_smile: Any other bodybuilders in the bunch? :slight_smile:

5. starfish

I hate muscle milk.

I keep these at the office.
    Premier Protein® Shake 30g

The price is not bad, I think it is about $20 for a case of 18. I usually drink one in the afternoon to hold me over until dinner.

For Whey protein I prefer the EAS stuff. Usually I prefer to eat a meal high in protein, usually a chicken breast. Tuna is good also.

I used to eat a lot of beef jerky, but I am trying to lower my sodium intake.

6. Syboy

I use Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein Powder from Walmart. Just under $15 for a 2lb tub that lasts about 27 servings, < 2g fat and 4g carbs per scoop. The protein is very fast acting, the flavors taste pretty good, I usually blend it cause it ends up chunky otherwise. Best deal for protein I've found so far, I've tried some more expensive ones but really, whey protein is all gonna be the same

Typically I'll make a shake with a scoop in it an hour before I work out and right after I finish for optimal performance, with a 3-1 carb/protein ratio.

7. cscipio

Optimum Nutrition or Cytosport (maker of Muscle Milk) are both good (both are available at bodybuilding.com). You'll likely want just the whey protein powder and not the meal replacement shakes. Difference being a higher amount of carbs in the MRS. Most people trying to grow will try to consume 1 to 1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight. Some may even suggest 2 grams per pound. That should be distributed through 5 to 7 meals per day with the greatest amount of protein consumed within one hour pre- and post-training. You should also consider a good multi-vitimin if you're not already taking one. Otherwise, the most important thing besides protein to grow is just plain old food - many people simply don't eat enough to grow the way they want. The trick is to try to not get too fat while bulking; but, if you do, you can always throw in some cardio to pull a few pounds off now and again.