1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sores in mouth? (non-STD related)

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by BudderMC, May 30, 2012.

1. BudderMC

So, I've got this sore in my mouth, been maybe 3 days or so. Canker (sp?) sore perhaps? I dunno, I've never really gotten them before. And the couple times I've gotten them, I've just not concerned myself with them.

The thing is, I went into the bathroom for something else and since the sore is close to my lip (inside my mouth) I could see it without trying, which grossed me out a bit. It's all white n' stuff. :frowning2:

Is there anything I should be doing, or I do I just watch who I'm opening my mouth near and wait it out? :dry:

2. WALK2222

You know, if you are saying that it is "all white n stuff" that might mean that there is puss inside. I know it sounds gross but I have gotten something like that before. It was kind of like a pimple but well, very close to my mouth. I eventually popped it and of course, like every pimple, white stuff came out. It may just be a canker though, either that or a pimple. Don't get too worried about it :slight_smile:

3. BudderMC

That's what I suspected, but I wasn't sure if I should be opening it or not... :confused: thanks though for the reply.

4. lostinthought9

It sounds like a canker sore, and these things hurt like a bitch. >_>

Usually, rinsing your mouth with a mouth wash (the kind with alcohol) will help. It'll burn like crazy, but it does seem to speed up the healing process. Also, if you can get your hands on what orthodontists give their patients when their braces give them irritation, they work wonders as well. It's called "Peroxyl," and it's an antiseptic cleanser.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I get those, I usually use vitamin e oil. It really helps!!

6. KaraBulut

It's a canker sore (the real name is aphthous ulcers).

We don't know exactly what causes them. They usually heal on their own within a few days. A salt water rinse or mouthwash helps keep it clean. There's some evidence that taking a multivitamin helps encourage healing and may play a role in preventing new ulcers.

Canker sore: Treatments and drugs - MayoClinic.com

7. Foxywolf

I had to giggle at that a bit. But yeah it does sound like a canker sore. :frowning2: Just use mouth wash and try and wait it out.

8. davidroberts

take some multivitamins too. some times apthous ulcers are due to vitamin deficiency :slight_smile: and if u have changed your tooth paste or mouth wash recently after which you got these ulcers then u shud not use it :slight_smile: tc

9. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mouths heal pretty quickly if you keep them clean. Try getting an antiseptic mouthwash and using it 2-3 times a day, espceially once before going to bed

10. BudderMC

For what it's worth, I snickered as I typed it out the first time :grin:

Thanks everyone for the tips. I picked up some mouthwash (I don't usually use it) and it felt better afterwards. It still looks just as... bad, but it doesn't hurt much at all, so I guess it's time to wait.

At least now I can eat solid food without it being painful. :rolle:

11. Nykoru

Out Status:
    Some people
    One thing I've found that seems to work pretty well for those sores is to take some table salt (coarser salt tend to work a little better), put it on the end of a clean finger, and then apply it to the sore. Yes, it's salty, and yes, it can sting a little, but I have noticed my occasional sores (some areas are still sensitive since my braces came off) heal quite a bit faster than without the salt.