1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phimosis. Now totally worried and freaked out

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Gazza123, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Right

So, as usual, the internet has made me freak out and now I'm completely worried. Right so here here's my predicament.

I think I have phimosis

My foreskin doesn't retract all the way. I'm uncircumcised and have not problems. I am able to retract it a little when soft but there something attached or something:help:. Is this normal, what should I do?????????

When I'm erect then retracting the foreskin is a no no. basically impossible.

I'm really worried and don't know what to do. Do I really need to be circumcised? :help:

I don't want my parents to find out and god this stressing me out now. Totally freaked out

Help :help:

2. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You might not do, see a doctor.

3. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

If I haven't then what is it????

This what I get for spending way to long on the internet :rolle::help:

4. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know, and I'm pretty sure that nobody can know without a violation of the terms and conditions (if you know what I mean...), which is why you should probably see a doctor.

5. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

I know

Just concerned and wanted to know if anyone had any ideas...

I might just go and :bang:

:rolle:

6. Travel Tech

Self-diagnosis is never a good idea, you always assume the worst.

7. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

I know. I know

Plus the internet always seems to give you the worst possible scenario when looking for answers.

:rolle::help::rolle:

8. Zaio

Zaio Guest

The internet merely matches words entered to related posts/searches. The reason these things turn up more than most is due to others also concerned about said issue.

If at the age of 22 you cannot retract your foreskin when erect then it is likely to be either phimosis or a tight frenulum. You'll know if it's phimosis as there will be dead scar tissue present. It will make your penis look a bit like (how KaraBulut puts it) a coke bottle. A tight frenulum is a frenulum breve, (the thing at the front of the penis that is like a small wire) it just simply means your frenulum is too small to retract the foreskin properly.

Phimosis can be fixed with various stretching exercises, however it would take a very long time if it is pretty bad. A frenulum breve requires minor surgery I believe.

However, it's possible it's neither of the above. You won't know unless you go to the doctors.

9. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Now really worried.

10. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Worrying is a waste of time.

Would you rather worry up until you get a boyfriend then worry even more when you're going to have to use the little guy, or get it fixed asap and feel confident when you're in the bedroom? Logic says go to the doctor.

11. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Just got people saying different things

Like its fine mines like that
    or
    Everyone's different
    or
    Got to doctor

I just don't know if its a big deal or not

12. Zaio

Zaio Guest

It depends on the situation.

If it hurts to retract the skin then yes it needs to be solved, otherwise it won't be possible for you to give anal and your pleasure recieved from oral will be reduced.

If it doesn't hurt to retract but is difficult then it's fine. Just go to the doctor and see what he says, they get paid to look at these type of things. There isn't any judgement or awkwardness from his/her side, nothing bad can come from getting it looked at.

13. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Yeah. I suppose

I just didn't it had to retract at all up until the last year or so ago when I found out.

14. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I gad this problem when I was eight. I was able to fix it completely though simply stretching the foreskin and retracting it over a month or two bit by bit. Obviously we can't see your penis, so you'll have to go to a doctor, but if it causes no pain or complications you probably won't need surgery at all.

15. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

I just watched this video on Phimosis and now I'm really freaked out.

---------- Post added 4th Jun 2012 at 05:40 PM ----------

Would stretching work for me? I'm kinda scared a little to do anything
    Also
    There's this thing attached, I think it's called the "Frenulum" or something like that. I worried about damaging or getting stuck or doing something I shouldn't

:help::help::help::help::help::help::help:

16. BudderMC

This is why you go to the doctor. They know what they're doing, they can properly diagnose you since they can actually see/feel what you're talking about, and then they can give you the best course of action.

Just go see the doctor. They can't force you to do anything, but they can at least tell you what you should be doing (rather than a group of strangers on the Internet who can't see you).

17. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Yeah. I suppose I should

18. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Take a deep breath. :slight_smile:

Breaking your frenulum is not something you can do by accident. You'd need a knife, or you'd need to deliberately tear at it with your fingers. Don't worry about that at all.

Here's a drawing if you aren't sure what it is: http://flylib.com/books/2/953/1/html/2/38 - Testis and Excretory Duct System_files/DA9C38FF1.png

That's a depiction of the back of the penis, and the frenulum itself is labeled by FR.

By stretching all I really mean is playing with it. Just take the edge of it in the tips of your fingers and pull a bit, maybe incorporate it into your masturbatory habits if it would help you remember. This might also help you:

... but really, take a deep breath and relax. From what you've said I gather this isn't causing you any pain or issues with urination whatsoever. You don't have a serious medical problem if that's so. Since you have no pressing symptoms worrying you, I would suggest trying to work it out on your own for a while. If you can't, then either see a doctor or leave it be. :grin:

19. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Yeah. I see

Just getting told two different things and well... it's confusing

20. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't fret it, that happens on support forums. Just take it easy, try working out the problem yourself, and if any complications develop make sure you see a doctor about it so you won't come to harm.