1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

chicken pox :(

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by flyinhernikes, Jun 6, 2012.

1. i thought i got away with chicken pox, when i was a kid and never thought i would get it. wrong. went to the drs yday and he says i have it. i didnt ask many questions i just wanted to get home.

anyone who has had chicken pox (which is probs nearly everyone).... can you answer a few questions?

my spots dont itch as such (people go one about it being itchy) but its more of an itch but a stingy itch every now and then that i can tolerate and dont need to scratch just put my hand over the itch every now and then to relive it a little..... is the 'itchyness' diff for everyone? (im covered head to toe though).

how long does it take for it to go away? i neeeeed to get back to work a.s.a.p! :frowning2:

my throat kills, is it possible to have spots on your tonsils?
    i havent eaten much apart from ice lollys, i feel to ill/sick. i feel poop.

2. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Cricky, it's been donkey's years since I had chicken-pox! a good decade at least, so I don't remember it all to well.

I know my spots were mildly itchy, but witch hazel lotion soothed them.

I have no idea how long I had it for, time travels differently for a child. I'd hazard a guess as to a week or two? :S

3. TraceElement

I had it when I was really little, so I don't remember much. It is a virus, so it should clear up within 1-2 weeks. I suggest taking Tylenol/acetaminophen (don't know if it's labeled differently in Scotland) or Motrin/ibuprofen for pain and anti-itch creams for any bothersome spots. Also try sucking cough drops or hard candy to help your throat.

If you develop any new symptoms like a fever or stiff neck head to the doctor.

4. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Aw that sucks. Had it as an adult, not fun at all. TRY TO NOT SCRATCH, at least on your face unless you want scars... yup not kidding.
    Calamine lotion helps with the itch, you'll look like you took a bath in pepto bismol but it works. Cool room to avoid getting really sweaty (cause it stings), loose clothing, gonna feel tired etc but it goes away, just remember to eat and drink to keep your energy level up even though you won't feel like it. Good luck.

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had it twice. The first time I had it, they were really mild. The second time that I got it was terrible. I was covered head to toe with really big red spots. I was in second grade when I got it really bad. I still have scares on my body from some of the spots.

It is possible to get the spots inside your body. I know somebody that was hospitalized because they had chicken pox internally. They had no external symptoms at all.

I know that when I had it, we used some anti-itch cream. It really helped. I also would not scratch. I had to wear oven mits on my hands when I went to sleep because otherwise I would scratch in my sleep..

I had it for about 2 weeks. I would also say to keep hydrated and eat as normal as you can. That will help your body fight off the virus. Good Luck!!

6. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Atleast you have it!!

I heard you can die from it when you have it as an adult, I haven't mine yet. :/

7. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I got mine a couple years ago, was bad enough that they kicked me out into the hall at the doctor's because I was "Scaring the other patients" (bull shit). Lasted two weeks, hurt a lot, and was miserable the whole time. You can get spots on your eyes too, everywhere.

8. Emberstone

consider getting vacinated.

They now vaccinate for it, and it shouldnt hurt if you are coming to adulthood, and have not had it yet.