1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Muscle Gain?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by eveninghush, Jun 10, 2012.

1. eveninghush

Hi, guys. I'm a recovered anorexic (god I love the anonymity of the internet, I can just say that!) and basically I really want to gain some muscle now. I'm no longer stick thin (had to gain to healthy weight) but I'm very unfit. I'm not fat just smack bang in the middle. No definition, but on extra 'baggage' aha. So anyway, does anyone have a good program for muscle-building/toning combined with getting fir cardio-wise. Please Help, I wanna look good for summer and I'm still very insecure in my body.

(Btw don't worry about the diet, I'm recovered and all good on that front)

2. Elicitra

high protein diet? and weights? that would be my guess sorry im not more helpfull :slight_smile:

3. TraceElement

As you know (or hoping you do) eating a well balenced diet is KEY. A bad diet almost negates what you do.

Start at a low weight, and always work opposing muscles, like both triceps and biceps, hamstrings and quads. I really do want to stress getting a personal trainer for a few sessions if possible to show you the correct way to lift weights.

#3 TraceElement, Jun 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  4. farah

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    First of all, congratulations on recovering! There are many exercises that can help you with muscles gain but the most important thing is not to pressure yourself, start slowly, & eat a healthy diet. I would recommend starting cardio, walking, running, jump-roping, cycling. Have a natural protein shake after working out, powders are bad. There are many recipes online for natural shakes. Eat healthy & have rest days. Getting a personal trainer is for the best! Good luck! :slight_smile:

5. csocm

I am trying to build a bunch of muscle as well this summer and so i did a lot of searching for work outs. i tried to find a celebrity or two (naya rivera and heather morris) whose body i would want and i looked for their workouts and tips. i also got this app from itunes Nike Training, its free and it has a bunch of workouts that target different areas.

6. suninthesky

Run! And do arm weights.

7. Mercuree

I am just a naturally occuring stick man :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I use Fitocracy.com great site that gamifies working out and has pelnty of groups and people willing to offer advice on how to do so.

8. PandaCakes

PandaCakes Guest

Hey! I just wanted to say congrats, it's not too easy recovering. I used to be bulimic, and when I was 100% past it, a year later the thoughts came back. Thankfully, I was able to push them away, well, for the most part. I did have one relapse... Hopefully if they come back for you you'll be able to push them away. The problem for me was that I was already naturally thin, so at my worst I dropped down to about 89.6 pounds at 5'2''.. Well, I've been wanting to gain muscle too this summer so I guess I'll tell you what I've been doing. Every other day, I do 100 sit-ups, 1 minute long planks, 30 second long one-handed planks, 20 triceps dips, 20 leg lifts, and a 5-mile run on the treadmill. On the off-days of that routine, I do 25 regular pushups, 25 diamond pushups, 25 pushups where your arms are past shoulder width, and 15 pull-ups. Hope I helped :slight_smile:

#8 PandaCakes, Jun 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2012