1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cutting out the muscles tissue.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Hawthorne, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Hawthorne

I want to cut most red meat out of my diet I have been doing that but I do drink like protein shakes and misc like that take vitamins and stuff. I am also leaning to no more meat at all what would you all suggest? I do not want a diet I can do that myself but I do want to know what to do with everything else though.:slight_smile:

2. KaraBulut

What is the reason behind eliminating red meat?

3. Hawthorne

I really do not like the texture or taste also my family eats a lot of it and I would prefer not to so I do not but I need an alternative to go to so I do not lose any protein in my diet. I wrote this really quite late for me so I do not make as much sense now reading it haha. Also red meat isn't as lean as chicken or seafood which could hinder my weight loss right?

4. KaraBulut

Believe it or not, lean beef can be as lean as chicken. And not all seafood is low in fat- some seafood contains cholesterol and some fish are high in oils (albeit healthier omega-3 oils).

The other good sources of protein are:
    1. Milk
    2. Cheese
    3. Eggs
    4. Soy (including tofu)

If you're not vegan, any of these is a reasonable substitute for meat.