1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sore anus

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Johnlong, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Johnlong

I was having a "play" with myself 3 days ago, and inserted a toy in my ass. Everything seemed ok at the time, but around 8 hours after I started to get a pressure I'm my anus and a mild stomach cramp. I then had a little diarrhoea. Since then the pressure in my anus hasn't gone, even when I go to the toilet it comes back 30 mins later. Its not sore, it's just uncomfortable. It doesn't seem to bad when I wake up in the morning, just as the day goes on.

Also feel I'm a bit more gaseous than usual.

Anybody else experienced this?

2. Aldrick

Some additional information might help.

1. What type of toy were you using? Was it designed for anal use?

2. Did you use lube with the toy?

3. If you used lube, did you have trouble inserting the toy, and if so - were you forcing it?

4. If you used lube what type did you use? (Silicone, oil based, water based, etc. But also note the ingredients.)

5. What was the toy made of? (Silicone, plastic, etc.) If it was made of silicone, do you know the quality of the silicone used? Toys only need to have 10% silicone in them to be labeled silicone.

6. When you remove the toy, did you have any difficulty? Was there any pain?

7. If you used a water-based lube, or a lube that dries quickly, did you reapply the lube as needed?

8. Was the toy -clean-? In other words, have you been taking proper hygienic care of the toy?

All this being said, some stomach cramping, gas, and diarrhea can happen as a result of anal play. The stomach cramping is generally caused by the gas. You get the gas mostly as a result of inserting something in your ass - the area becomes expanded, air gets introduced as a result of movements, and it has to go somewhere. It's not going to stay in there, so it has only one way to go: out - as gas.

To help with the diarrhea you're going to want to make sure your rectum is empty before engaging in anal play. Going to the bathroom and having a good bowel movement will help prevent this; diet also plays a key role. If you're going to engage in anal play, when it comes to diet there is one word you need to know above all others: fiber. Certain types of food may not agree with you. Take note of what food gives you "loose" bowel movements.

Finally, if you have a hand held mirror, I suggest using it to see if you can get a look at yourself down there. I trust you know what it should look like normally? If it doesn't look normal, then you'll need to describe what you see so we can start to eliminate some potential things off the list.

3. Johnlong

Many thanks for ur response.

Iv had a look/feel down there (externally) and everything seems ok.

I washed my toy before I used it, which is just a standard dildo from Ann summers. The lube I used was Durex massage oil which is also a lube and states on it that it is ok for anal sex. It is water based. I had no pain before, during or after my fun. Everything was fully lubed all the time.

The diarrhoea has cleared up now, it's just this weird cramp/ pressure feeling that I have down below.

4. Aldrick

Alright, here are some additional thoughts.

First, feeling around down there is good, but it's helpful if you can actually take a look. That's why I suggested a handheld mirror. You can look for swelling, redness, irritation, etc. If you were a bit rough, weren't prepared enough, or didn't use enough lube there could be some of that going on. It doesn't sound like that is it, though, since you didn't feel any pain while engaged.

I'm trusting that you didn't use any numbing agents or something to help you unnaturally relax. Avoid those types of things if you use them (or are considering using them), anal play should never be painful if done properly.

Second, water based lube is good, but be sure that it is not a silicone / water based hybrid. Silicone likes to fight with silicone, and it'll ruin your toy. That's just a helpful tip, but I'm pretty sure you already knew that.

Third, look at the ingredients in the lube. You may have a minor allergic reaction to something in the lube. One of the first things I'd do is try a different lube once the problem clears up.

Fourth, I'm not sure if this is your first use of the toy, but you should clean it before and after each use. You should consult the instructions that came with the dildo regarding the proper cleaning of it. There are different instructions based on whether or not electronics are part of it (such as a vibrator), its rubber, silicone, etc. The instructions will be clear on how to care for it properly.

Fifth, I've never purchased anything from Ann Summers, but I went to take a look. From the website, it seems that it is primarily targeted at women. I did see a few dildos that were suitable for anal play, but I want to be clear about an important fact.

There are some dildos and vibrators that are designed for vaginal use and there are some designed for anal use. Some can be used in both. The general distinction is that a dildo designed for anal use is going to have a flared base. The dildos designed only for vaginal use aren't going to have a flared base. You do not want to use dildos designed only for vaginal use.

Why? Because your sphincter muscles are more than capable of "pulling" the dildo into your body.

Just imagine yourself playing with the dildo, your fingers slick with lube, in the heat of the moment, and then suddenly... uh oh! It's slipped -all- the way in. If you can't manage to push it out, then you're experiencing a medical emergency and need to go to the hospital ASAP. A doctor is then going to have to remove it.

Having a flared base prevents this from happening. So, depending on what type of dildo you've purchased make sure it's one suitable for anal use, and not intended for vaginal use only.

I know it goes beyond the scope of what you've asked, but I think general safety tips here are needed to make sure you don't have any embarrassing incidents.

My general feeling is that you should avoid anal play until the discomfort goes away. If it was your first time, then you might have been a bit rough. Alternatively, my next best guess is the type of lube you used caused some type of irritation, so when next you engage in anal play use a different lube and see if that has any impact.

Finally, if your pain is greater than a three on a scale of one to ten, I would consider seeing a doctor in the next couple of days if the issue persists, especially if the discomfort gets worse.

On a scale of one to ten, a one is barely noticeable discomfort, five is clearly noticeable discomfort that is very distracting, and ten is pain so bad you either want to cry or are actually crying. Obviously, you aren't a ten, so my guess is that you're somewhere between one and five.

I imagine that it'll clear up in a day or two. If it doesn't consider speaking to a doctor, though I know it's embarrassing to do so.

Let me know if you have any other questions / issues.

5. Johnlong

I honestly can't thank u enough for giving up ur time to respond.

I will leave it a few days, and if no improvement then I will head along to my doctors.

Many thanks once again.

6. Aldrick

No problem at all. I'm happy to share any knowledge that I have. Everyone has an ass, and if done properly most people will find anal play enjoyable. Unfortunately, while everyone has an ass (and every guy has a prostate - unless it was removed through surgery), they don't come with a users manual. Some things you learn through trial and error, and others you can educate yourself on.

I was happy to help. Hopefully everything will clear up on its own. :slight_smile: