1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minimizing cat allergies

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by SecretColor, Jun 19, 2012.

1. SecretColor

From St. Louis, MO; go to school in Philly
    So, this could go either in S&A or this forum, but since it's focused on a person's health, I picked this sub-forum :lol:.

Anyway, my best friend/potential 'other kind of bf' is coming up next weekend to spend the weekend with me; yay me! (!) (!!) (!) :love: <insert happy things here>. Anyway, while talking to him today, I found out that he's allergic to scented laundry detergent...and cats. Why are cats somewhat an issue? Because we have two.

Now, I already have him staying in my room (don't get excited, I'm taking the couch :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) and I'm going to spend all of that Friday cleaning the house, but beyond that and keeping the cats out of my room, is there anything I can do to keep his allergies from acting up? He said he's going to start taking his allergy medicine a few days before he comes and we have some super-duty nasal spray here, I just want to be as proactive as possible so we can enjoy the weekend together :3.

Oh, and he LOVED the birthday e-card I sent him (it depicted a teddy bear giving a hug with (in Spanish) "may all your dreams come true" and had a cutesy message from me about the bear's hugs being there to energize him during his birthday festivities) so yay again!

Thanks in advance for any advice. :slight_smile:

Twisty

2. King

King Guest

You could always spray the house with that like, Febreeze fabric stuff to get the smell out. Him taking his meds ahead of time is a GREAT idea. Make sure to have a lint roller to get as much hair out of the place as possible. Keep the cats out of all the rooms he might enter, as much as possible.
    Good luck, and have fun with him!

King x

3. SecretColor

From St. Louis, MO; go to school in Philly
    Thanks! I already planned on it, but I guess I'll really have to reenact Mommie Dearest to get the house clean (in my opinion) enough before he gets here.
    Is This Floor Clean - YouTube