1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sad

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Thandrami, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Thandrami

For the past week I have been either sad or happy. I can be happy one moment then I will, what feels like, I lose all emotion and then I get really sad. I have no history of depression or bipolar disorder. Some days I will take a nap and when I get up I will just be really sad. I don't know what is causing it but its starting to ruin my social life. Everytime I get asked to go somewhere I have to decline because Im in such a bad mood I don't want to drag everyone else down. I have tried listening to music, watching movies, taking walks outside to cheer myself up but none of it is working. Any advice on how one would cheer themselves up if none of the above worked?

2. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Surround yourself with friends, even if you don't really feel like it.
    I think the best you can do is be around people who can distract you and get you in a better mood. And the worst you can do is sit alone at home, where you'll drag yourself down in your bad mood.

3. peanutbutter

Hey,

I am diagnosed with Bi-Polar Disorder. So I can understand the sadness, and happiness. My family and I really worked to try to redirect the depression. Sometimes I just can't shake it.

What I do is :

1. Do not stay alone. Although it will be the first thing you will want to do. You might even be grumpy around people, just try it.

2. Listen to happy music. Don't throw on ACDC or Eminem

3. Go to the movies, eat out, go for ice cream, go to the beach late at night, and walk in the water

4. Read, draw, act play ball something outside

5. Attempt to stay in the sun.

6. if it's not working and you are too sad, call a therapist or psychiatrist. If you are really bad, or feel unsafe go to the ED (emergency department)

You can always chat with me too! (&&&) Youll get through this. I promise.