1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just wondering if anybody else is dealing with Mental Health issues

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by silversurfer, Jan 15, 2008.

1. silversurfer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  2. Brett

Possible manic depression, like bi-polar

3. chrisb

Yep deffinitley am if i ever went in they would probably put me on as many pills as my sister is taking but i can cope without......im not suicidal but i get depressed and emotional easy................

4. Defender

Defender Guest

Yeah, I'm dealing with Depression and Anxiety =(

5. *raises hand* I've had sever depression for the last 5 or so years.
    It comes and goes but after it does go I have no memory of what I had done during the weeks or months only what people have told me. No one had ever really tried helping me and those who did try would give up after time, not that I'm blaming them it's just hat during my depressed periods I'm clearly not myself. But at the end of last year I started seeing a counselor and now I can ask for help when I need it.
    I haven't seen a counselor during these school holidays but I think I start up again after I go back to school, seeing as how that was one of the key factors to my depression.
    But other than that I'm just crazy in general. :roflmao: (!) :dry:

6. Louise

Depression for the last 20 years but am finally coming through to see the light... let's hope it lasts this time!

7. TriBi

No - but I have been there in the past...

...and it does seem that a LOT of people who are questioning/trying to accept their sexuality have some sort of problems (be it depression, BiPolar, OCD, anxiety etc) - you are not alone - and a lot of people at EC will be able to relate (and empathise - and hopefully help :slight_smile:).

8. SpikySpice

Im dealign with depression, soemtime si have crazy thoughts, not suicides, but liek I really wanna do soemthign like punch someoen in publci who i dont know, or grab a girl's hair in teh church, it's like i cant keep my hand to myself

I feel blue everyday, Im so scared imma go liek Britney Sps. Thyese days I stared to grab a knife and put it on my wrist

9. chrisb

I Shaved my head completley bald when i was depressed and it was before Brittney did it LOL everyone was telling me HEY BRITTNEY COPIED YOU!!! i grew my hair back as fast as i possibly could hahahaha

10. tayana

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Moderate depression and severe anxiety. Getting treatment was a godsend.

11. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

Manic Depressive,ADHD,Anxiety

12. Jim1454

I've suffered with depression off and on most of my life. My inability to deal with some of life's challenges (like being gay) lead ultimately to an addiction, a type of mental illness. A year ago when my life came crashing down around me, I had fairly strong suicidal thoughts.

I'm now in recovery for my addiction, and on a moderate dose of antidepressant to help with my overall mood.

The combination of individual therapy, 12 Step group meetings, and medical intervention (i.e. meds) has allowed me to turn my life around completely. I'm happier than I've likely ever been, despite the challenges I continue to face.

^Please bear in mind that I never make these statements to taunt or brag - I make them to provide hope to others that are currently feeling down and can't imagine a bright future. It can and it does get better if you believe it can and leave yourself open to the possibility.

13. chrisb

Never drink when depressed!!! please! i had some of scariest moments in my life being depressed over an ex when i first started drinking and it was with friends and everything to not alone but that didnt matter because hangover were always alone and i used to want to hurt people that did nothing wrong just cause i was mad about something else i never did but i hated myself for even thinking such thoughts

14. Psychedelic Bookmarks

not personally, but my mother is manic depressive. nothing to do with sexuality, she's straight, but i still know about this stuff.

15. silversurfer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    yeah I suffer from depression and anxiety and couple other things. I am getting help, but it makes it harder to meet people, not online, but face to face. Because once they find out they are out of here.

16. Hollywood

im pretty sure i have some degree of depression...

17. biisme

ummm...sometimes depression (not that often). sometimes i think i might have borderline personality disorder....and i think i have trichotillomania

18. Gustav

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anxiety and depression

19. chrisb

A friend of mine is getting psychiatric help i kinda want to go aswell lol

20. membrain

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Severe depression for about 2 years. I've been progressively improving since 2006 and am now out of the worst cycle, thankfully.