1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's Finally Time I think

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Kupo!, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Kupo!

Kupo! Guest

Okay so, earlier today i posted in the 'what are you thinking' thread about how i wanted to get back to how my body used to be. So after some thinking i realized i cant actually get back to that because i was smaller, and basically a stick. So i decided to think about what i DID want, and it turns out I may have actually come up with some things. The number 1 thing I want is to get rid of this belly of mine. Granted its not like a 'gut' or whatever you would call it, but it does bring down the confidence dramatically. The next thing I would like is some arm and chest definition.

What I don't know is how to achieve these things. Since I can't join a gym and I dont have any equipment, I figure I will need some exercises i can do without equipment. I should point out I do have one of those stretchy bands, i cant remember their name. I also assume I will need a change in diet and sleep patterns. Can anyone help me out with this? I would like to get crackin on this sometime soon. I have put this off far too much and it needs to stop. I should also say that with summer being here and it being one of the hottest summers in like 60years for my state, I refuse to go running and things of that nature. It is way too hot, and I will be more open to doing that once it cools off. Any advice or links or w/e you guys can do to help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks all

Much love,

Kupo

2. Jim1454

As someone who has lost 50lbs and kept it off for the past 2 years, I can tell you that it really comes down to a combination of eating well and exercise.

I'd challenge you about the running. It's a great form or cardio, and if you got up at the same time I do to exercise (5AM) it likely wouldn't be that hot. It would probably be ideal. You can also go to the local pool to swim for cardio, or do aerobics at home. The cardio helps burn the fat.

Resistance training - with the bands that you have or with some free weights that you might be able to buy used somehwere - will help build muscle. As would various forms of push ups and sit ups.

Eating right - low carbs, high protein and veggies - is also what cuts down on the 'gut'. I've gone from a size 40 waiste to a size 32 and while exercise was a part of it, I must admit that it is the diet that was most important for me. I have a sweet tooth, and would habitually eat desserts. I had to cut them out. When I'm trying to lose weight I also don't drink alcohol. I rarely eat potatoes any more or pasta. And when I'm really trying to burn off the fat I don't eat carbs at all.

I use the 'P90X' program. It bills itself as a 90 day program, but I just keep cycling through the exercise routines and draw from the meal plan on an ongoing basis. It's just a matter of finding something that you can live with, and then sticking with it.

Good luck. You're better off to nip it in the bud, because what I found was that I just kept getting bigger and bigger - until I had 50lbs to lose.