1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Irrational Fear

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by alwayshope11, Jun 25, 2012.

1. alwayshope11

So lately I've been having this fear that I'm gonna come into contact with HIV with like everything I'll ever do with a guy... It's cuz I made out with this guy once and then he told me he had it...not that u can easily get it that way. But like I'm afraid to make out with other guys, etc. how can I get over this?

2. Philvanuirle

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Awe I'm sorry. Honestly, I don't know. But if you love someone truly, wouldn't you kiss him?

3. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There is nothing wrong with being cautious. Although think of it this way, if you ever want to get physically active with someone you will have some level of trust with him, then odds are you will have "the sexual history talk" with him. So your odds of getting something are alot lower than you think.

4. Menaki-Neko

Fargo North Dakota, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
    Well, I'm not sure about kissing, but what I recommend for this fear for intercourse is this: take a condom and fill in with water(outside). Don't let go until it pops. I know that seems really weird, but I assure you that if it's a trusted brand it will get extremely big; thus showing you how strong they are.

5. Mej7

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You could always wait to have sexual relations with someone you are serious about, and go to the hospital to get testing b4 you become sexually active with him. That way, you are both certain that you are clean, and you don't have to worry. But, trust is also very important in a relationship- arguabley just as important as caution.

6. alwayshope11

It's not really the sex thing I'm worried about...cuz I'm normally not that type of person to do things with random people...it's more the kissing,..like I want to be able to not have to worry if I get drunk at a bar and make out with someone....plus I'm still exploring my sexuality so idk when/if I will be in a relationship....I overthibk things a lot lol,.,but I never really thought bout HIV before I started questioning my sexuality...so it's a new thing to me...did this happen with other people when they were learning to accept their sexuality??

7. alwayshope11

Did you have to get used to stds etc?

8. dl72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just make sure that if you decide to be sexually active with someone, that you know them and trust them. You could talk to them and let them know your fear. If they truly like you, they will understand.

9. Vernox

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm just like you.
    I want to be able to kiss / make out with someone, but I just can't because I'm paranoid.

10. you cant get it from kissing, well 0.0000001% chance

you can only get it from sexual contact/intercourse.
    im not a guy but dont worry i also have the overwelming fear that ill get it one day from someone not being totally honest with me and they slept with someone else who had it but they never got tested.

i dont have any advice but (*hug*) you arent alone.

11. alwayshope11

I am paranoid n it sucks...I know some paranoia is good but I feel like I'm over reacting...I know there is barely a possibility with kissing but I keep thinking about like microscopic cuts n stuff..n then if I am in a relationship with someone do I wait six months to kiss them or do anything with them if they have been active to wait to get tested...like I feel like an idiot for thinking all this n it can be like paralyzingly...like how can I get used to being gay or even experiment if I'm so freaked out...I don't want to have to be worried for six months each time I do something

12. alwayshope11

I haven't been as paranoid lately, but I am so annoyed at myself. I keep thinking areas of my mouth are sore and that I can't kiss anyone because of it...ugh it's so annoying.. I don't want to be promiscuous, but I don't want to be scared... I want to be able to have the option of doing stuff without be scared sh""less and then regretting it.....has anyone else ever felt this way? How do you get past it?

13. you cant be labelled promiscuous from kissing a bunch of people.
    kiss whoever you want aslong as youre not hurting anyone.

a sore mouth/tounge can be a sign of an iron deficiancy might wanna go get bloods done just to check?. it's not std related though.

if you want to do other things just make sure youre safe. and if the person youre with doesnt want to play safe then they probably arent worth your time :slight_smile:
    if you do do things and are safe, might still wanna go and get checked anyway. (personally i always would for peace of mind).

i fall else fails, might wanna talk to your dr about it? they can help an awful lot, telling you what you can'cant do the risks and such. they will probably help you more than anyone on here can, also might help with your paranoia :slight_smile:

14. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    you have a legitimate concern. Coming from us it might not mean as much, so I'd talk to your doctor. Let him/her tell you how can and cannot contract HIV.

The fear of HIV can be masking your fear of your sexuality too, not uncommon at all.

15. alwayshope11

I have talked to my doctor...and I know all about how you can and cannot get it, but I still have the fear lol... and I think the "sores" are just in my mind.

---------- Post added 8th Jul 2012 at 01:07 PM ----------

and I know you can't get it from kissing.. but I keep thinking about little cuts and sores and microscopic amounts of blood ... I know I sound like an idiot. lol