1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Escaping your Shape?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by deadpoet rene, Jun 25, 2012.

1. deadpoet rene

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been dealing with body image issues and weight problems all my life and, due to my innate discomfort embracing a specifically feminine identity, the fact that I'm a natural (albeit overweight) hourglass shape does not help this in any way or form. I've lost 25 pounds over the past 4 months and am still losing, but is the reality of a body shape change even a possibility?? Does anyone know how a feminine hourglass shape could be changed to a lean, masculine ruler shape (without plastic surgery, that is)? If anyone has any tips, especially concerning exercise regimens and fashion, please let me know... Thanx!

2. Philvanuirle

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am actually lost on what your point is. Can you rephrase?

3. NoName114

NoName114 Guest

I do have a feminine body shape and it really shows if I gain weight, alas even when I lose massive amounts of weight (I'm not big in the first place) I still have that shape, made peace with it and even love it now, but I think hormones will help the feminine shape

4. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Genetically speaking, I think it is impossible to escape your shape. Bone structure is a contributing factor, as is tissue placement, and possibly even internal organs, and these factors aren't exactly something you can move around to lessen the contours of your hourglass figure (which, I feel is important to mention, many women would covet and aren't as fortunate, but that's neither here nor there...)

As NoName mentioned, hormones might help, but I think they only aid in tissue dispursment (correct me if I'm wrong), and not with the other two factors I mentioned. Plus the hormones would change several other things about your body, which might not be your goal. I would suggest certain exercise techniques, but I think they might accentuate your shape more rather than lessen it.

Not to discourage you, as I'm no expert on the subject, but I appears the only realistic approach is to accept it. You could always dress appropriately so as to diminish the slimmest part of your hourglass shape, which would be your waist.

5. it says youre bigender.... so i appologise in advance if i say anything that offends you, but i dont purposely mean too! (*hug*)

you say you have a feminine hourglass shape.... honestly you cannot escape it, its all part of how your body is.

i used to be anorexic and no matter how much i weighed my hips would always be there i was never straight up and down, boy-ish shaped. ever. period. even at my lowest weight.

i had to accept that it was impossible to change my body shape into something it wasnt, it was hard but it sounds like its something that you might have to work on. you can always wear clothes that flatter your shape or give the illusion of the body type you want. clothes that skim over bits of you that you dont like can help you feel better also :slight_smile:

bicycle crunches and sit ups, helps (me personally anyway) with toning my hips so they feel less 'there'.