1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exercising at home

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Bowie, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Bowie

Hey, EC. It's been a while.

I would like some advice regarding exercising at home.

Right now, I exercise regularly by swimming about three hours a week in a place near home. However, I'm moving away from my old apartment to a new place, which is considerably farther from where I used to live and from the swimming pool I currently use. Real state and pretty much everything else is obscenely expensive where I'm going, which makes paying for a gym not an option. So I decided that a good alternative would be exercising at home. Have any of you tried that? I was thinking of buying one of those fitness products from those hideous ads you sometimes see on TV (something like this: http://www.polishop.com.br/arquivos/ids/151535) and seeing where it leads. My goals are mostly keeping fit (that is, keeping my weight adequate to my height and working the main muscular groups in the body to keep them reasonably defined). Have any of you tried that? Do those things work? Are they safe? That is particularly important, because I've had some issues with my lower back.

I will obviously consult with my physiotherapist before doing anything, but I would like to hear from people who actually do it.

Thanks!

2. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think one of these might be a good home exercise device THE RACKĀ® Workout Station - All In One Gym | Official Site. I don't have one, just saw it on TV. I like doing bench press on a balance ball and you can do lots of other stuff on those so I'd suggest that for the home. I really like the Bowflex dumbells if you can get a good deal on a used set or similar product. They don't take up much space and can be adjusted quickly. Good luck! :thumbsup: