1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fractured my clavicle 14 months ago, Still aches

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by DoABarrelTroll, Jun 29, 2012.

1. So, ummmm yeah, title says it all really. I fractured my right clavicle 14 months ago and i dont think it entirely healed properly because my right should sags down a lot lower than my left. Also, it aches when i hit it on something or when i do heavy lifting. Another strange thing is i cant do pushups. I could do them before the incident but not now, after about 4 or 5 my shoulder begins to hurt in the exact spot where it cracked. So, anyone know how long it will take to fix itself, if ever. Also, should i get it re x-rayed?

2. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would say to go for another x-ray. It will just make sure that it's healing properly. I know broken bones take a looooong time to heal, but that time is also dependent from person to person. Some people take longer than others to heal from a broken bone injury.

Like my hubby, he broke his ankle when he was a teenager, 20 years down the line, it still hasn't heal properly and usually we can tell if it is getting very cold or rain closely due to the pain in his ankle.

3. Chickzak

Ah sounds painful but I think everyone has on and off moments when they fracture something. I know I do, despite you hurting it ages ago. I think definetly get it checked out, don't put so much pressure on your chest annnnnd take it easy. Its bound to be fragile still!!

4. Mister Gaga

Yeah just get it checked, and avoid extreme and/or sustained effort for too long.
    I'm just curious, how did you manage to break your clavicle?

5. peanutbutter

my sister is n the same boat as you. well not as long as 14 months, she is at about 3 months. apparently she was told to take it lightley and she is going to physical therapy. have you tried physical therapy?

6. Sorry for dropping off the face of the planet for a few days. To answer your questions:
    I broke it by falling on it (yes, i am that clumsy)
    and no, i have not tried physical therapy.

7. suninthesky

I'd try a chiropractor if I were you.

8. peanutbutter

My sister is clumsy. In a body cast as a baby! She injures her self easily. I learn new words because she is injured so often. Try that, heat and cold pressure. Tylenol or IBP.

Keep me posted please, praying for yoru recovery.

9. Seeing a doctor about it in a few days. Probs getting it re-xrayed. will keep you posted

10. peanutbutter

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray"]good luck. [/COLOR]g

11. Ughh, great. Doctor is sick or something and we cant see any for another few weeks. -_-