1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stomach Pain

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Urman, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Urman

Urman Guest

For the last two days my stomach has been hurting allot i never felt that much pain i went to the doctor today and said it is not my appendix and it is most likely not a stomach virus he said that when he touches some areas of my stomach it is very painful.He is not sure what it can be he said it can be many things he said to eat chicken noodle soup and thats about it he also said stay away from things with sugar no soda, orange juice nothing acidity.He said it can possibly be something acid building up so idk .Any ideas of what it can be and how i can get rid of the pain :help:

ps its a on and off pain

#1 Urman, Jan 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2008
  2. tayana

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It could be something like irritable bowel. If so, you can try increasing the fiber in your diet. Also try eating some yogurt. You don't say where the pain is, so I'm not sure if that's what it could be.

It could also be anxiety. I can make myself very sick with an anxiety attack.

I've had lots of digestive problems. Avoid foods that are acidic, greasy, or heavy. Stay away from caffeine. Try eating mild foods like rice, bananas, apples, etc. You can even do things like Mac and cheese if the lactose in the dairy doesn't bother you. I can't eat onions or garlic. You can try to keep a food journal and see if it's a particular food setting off.

I would actually go to another doctor and get another opinion. There are serious things even an off and on pain could be.

3. Gustav

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Whoa. . .be careful with the fiber. many digestive problems may worsen with fiber. where does your stomach hurt? is it around your navel, your side, lower chest. and do you have any other symptoms? I have some digestive problems too, and i may be able to help.

4. tayana

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just a note: The standard advice for irritable bowl sufferers is to increase the fiber in your diet, but for me, that exacerbated the problem.

5. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

At this point there is not enough information to say one way or the other. Could be those things listed above and could also be gastritis or gastroenteritis. The absolute ruling out of appendicitis is really not done as it can fake out a lot of people. It could be that your doc doesn't feel it is likely, but none the less, it has to remain in the differential diagnosis. If things are not better in 3 days, get another opinion. The gut changes over cells every 3 days, so things over that time should change for the better, not necessarily that things will be in the pink again, but considerably better.

6. Urman

Urman Guest

My Doctor told me to stay away from acidity food he said to only chicken noodle soup but he also said it can be i forgot the name lol but it takes time to find out so idk i still do have a little pain.Its In my lower stomach area i don't know how to really describe it

#6 Urman, Jan 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2008
  7. Urman

Urman Guest

started with a f thats all i can remember and he said that can be a possibility

8. Gustav

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    you said the pain is on and off, so i'm assuming it is not when you eat food (for the most part). It could be an IBD*, but i am not sure of your condition. usually pain just beneath the belly button, or on the right side may indicate such a condition. see a Gastroenterologist. they can help with the digestive track; unless the doctor you saw earlier was one of them.

*IBD(Inflammatory bowel disease) can either be Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis.

9. Urman

Urman Guest

^ That doesn't sound to good well today i im really have very small amount of pain for know so well see how it goes.