1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitting your funny bone really isn't all that funny

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by mischa91, Jul 4, 2012.

1. mischa91

I was cleaning in the bathroom last night and hit my elbow on the side of the tub with my arm bent, i didn't get that tingly awful funny bone feeling but since then it hasn't stopped hurting. My hand and arm below my elbow are tingly and my hand feels really heavy. I think i might have either trapped the nerve or moved it somehow (or even chipped the bone, it hurts that bad). Is there anything i can do to free the nerve?

I can move my arm and twist my wrist but when i bend the arm there's a snapping feeling and the joint is painful, i really don't want to have to go see a dr.

2. suninthesky

I'd see a chiropractor. In the long run it might be worth the trouble. Something could be out of place, and he/she would just adjust it back in.

3. Kerploop

4. starfish

You likely have inflammation putting pressure on the ulnar nerve. Basically you need to get the inflammation down. Ice and NSAIDs such as ibuprofen will help.

If it lasts more than a few days you should see a doctor. They may want to do an xray, and they can give you stronger NSAIDs.