1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Dance 2 (My Wii and me!)

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by strangerest, Jul 8, 2012.

1. strangerest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Let's face it, exercising is such a d r a g. At least for me it is. The monotony of one more crunch or one more push-up is so boring!

I don't know how many of you have discovered this, but the wii has become my new personal trainer. Just Dance 2 and Walk It Out are some of the funnest games to play, and by the time you're finished, you've burned crazy amounts of calories. I would highly recommend Just Dance to help you get excited about working out, because it's like a mini dance party! Who doesn't love to dance. :slight_smile:

2. Night Rain

If I still had my Wii, I would love it too. xD

3. strangerest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Nintendo created the ultimate gym! Haha. :3

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just Dance (1 & 2) is my night time supplemental exercise, which I'm going to kick back in this week. I usually do somewhere between three and five dances per night.

My morning standard exercise? WiiFit. :slight_smile: I put on my iPod, set the thing to a lengthy run, and just zone out for up to 60 minutes.

Lex

5. lonewolf77

lonewolf77 Guest

Thats the reason I got the Wii. Good exercise.

6. Aldrick

I've been thinking about getting a Wii just for this very reason. I haven't had a console in years.

I'd love to hear peoples experiences with it. How many calories can you reasonably burn, and does it ever get repetitive?

This has always been my problem with exercise in the past, I hate repetition. I need something that is going to keep me engaged.

7. strangerest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    The website I looked at said:

" 6 calories a minute
    96 calories in 15 minutes
    190 in 30 minutes
    380 in 1 hour
    570 in 1½ hours
    760 in 2 hours"

Of course, this'll be higher if you weight more than 130 pounds or have more muscle. The game is super fun, and I think you can even download new songs and dance moves if you have WiFi connected to the Wii. I can play for hours and not get bored.

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I signed in to WiiFit this morning, it said "Today is your 1509th day!" And I must use the thing at least five days a week. Still on the same balance board, too. So obviously not too bored with that. Again, I usually just set something up (jogging or step aerobics), crank up my iPod, and zone out while I exercise. When I first started, I couldn't even do the three minute jog without feeling like I was going to die. Now I can do up to 60 minutes or more.

I've only downloaded one song for Just Dance - VV Brown's "Crying Blood", which I recommend. Did that one, "Hey Ya!", "Call Me", "The Power" and the Bollywood song tonight.

Lex

9. lonewolf77

lonewolf77 Guest

Whats a good game that you get a decent amount of exercise in is Punch Out!. Its good on its own, but if you have the balance board, you get your whole body involved in the boxing. Plus, you get a chance to vent frustration by punching out an opponent. Its pretty fun.