1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

weight loss support

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Neutrality, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Neutrality

I don't really need advice I just wanna post up here to inspire myself to keep up my weight loss goals. In nov I was 307 lbs and I got down to 265 through diet alone..now I've been working out for a full week and I've lost 3lbs. Just need to keep myself motivated to hit that gym! Once I hit 235 or so I plan to try P90x or insanity, I've heard good things about these. Soon I will be sexy! Then no man can resist me [insert evil laugh here]

2. Zontar

Diet alone will eventually stop working, as you burn less "when-idle" calories when you lose more weight. The heavier you are, the more calories you'll burn just doing nothing.

I highly recommend daily rigorous bicycling, preferably outside. I've lost almost 60 pounds this way.

3. MrPotato

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats on the weight loss! :slight_smile:

As the other guy said... eventually your body will get used to you eating the "healthy" things and the weight loss is going to stop. Your body will stay at idle.

I would suggest going to the gym greatly over doing the p90x and intensity routines. The reason being, those programs involve an incredible sense of self control... you MUST continue doing it until it ends or your brain will feel like you're just wasting time and you will stop doing it.

I started the p90x several times and cannot go through it because if i feel like skipping a day, i will do so, and my mind registers it as a day gone to waste of the program... so in the end i fell like im doing it wrong and then i give up.

The gym on the other hand... is a great place to get and stay in shape. I know sometimes it can be very intimidating looking at other guys lift up to 200 lbs... but everyone has to start somewhere.

so yeah, i would recommend going the gym over doing the beachbody exercises. The gym requires motivation, but the p90x system requires a very strong willed mentality.

4. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You have to change the way you think about things like p90x. I am doing it right now but I"m doing what I can do when I want to do it. I'm not following the 90 days exactly so I don't feel bad if I miss a day. I'm trying to work this into my lifestyle, but I kept not going to the gym because leaving the house takes too much effort. p90x lets me stay at home but still get an awesome workout! You don't need to follow the program to a T if you're just trying to lose some weight, because any exercise will help as long as you're eating right.