1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On and Off Headaches and Pains

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Revan, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi everyone, I'm needing some assistance sort of in trying to figure this out because currently my old doctor is in a city two hours away and most doctors in my new city aren't taking new patients -_-

Lately I've been getting headaches every so often, sometimes daily other times with days in between, but on days like today where there is no actual headache I'm still getting a sharp pain that is someone grabs my head and squeezes and it's with many hours in between said pain but it's still there. I have gotten migraines before, but not the cluster headaches you hear about. So headaches do definitely run in me.

But I'm just trying to find out more not about the frequent headaches cause I get stressed often AND with this lovely heat it's often a mix of stress headaches and heat headaches. It's more about the almost stabbing headache like my head is squeezed. I'm just curious what could be causing something like that.

I hope someone can let me know like Kara or someone.

2. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No clue but try drinking more water if you are getting heat headaches.

3. julia

Yes, this! ^ I get headaches/migraines ALL the time. Water most definitely helps. Like I have to drink at least 6 tall glasses a day to feel normal, especially since it's summer.

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm ok...I'll try. Any suggestions to make it taste better, like Crystal Light or Miyo or w/e? Cause honestly I don't drink much water because i never liked it.

5. King

King Guest

Apparently Mio is delicious. Pretty expensive though, I think it's like 4 or 5 bucks for one thing :s
    Crystal Light could work, too. It might be better to just try and drink straight up water though... Maybe you could buy bottles of water? You can buy a 24 pack for like, 2 bucks at most grocery stores :K

King x

6. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well actually bottled water turns out to be pretty bad for your dental hygiene so I don't know about that. And like I said, I don't really like straight up water...I know water isn't really with a taste but to me it doesn't taste appealing.

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Still having this problem, any other solutions on top of the water? Kara maybe give me some ideas?

8. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    FWIW I drink coffee on a regular basis, and while I've cut back a lot over time, I often still get a headache by 4-5 pm if I haven't had any that day, maybe that sounds like a possibility? The other source of headaches that comes to mind is vision related - like needing glasses/contacts or having an outdated prescription. That and teeth/jaw clenching, sometimes overnight. Hope you find a solution soon, chronic pain is not fun at all.

9. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No to the glasses, haven't worn them since Grade 9 and haven't had to squint to read anything lately. I think I may do teeth clenching at night though. I drink a LOT of tea per day. Mom thinks it might be neuropathy or something. She too has frequent headaches and migraines so it is likely I developed this from genetics sadly...

10. TraceElement

You said that you were stressed.You may want to try some basic relaxation things. Yoga, pilates, deep breathing, or meditating.

How has your sleep pattern been? Sometimes if you get too much or too little, it can cause headaches.

11. Zapha

Hey,

I think a doctor would be best if you can find an appointment, as it seems out of the ordinary (on top of this you get quite frequent headaches). It would be best for you to know exactly what is happening.

I was reading your post and I think there a few things that I was confused about. Do you have this pressing/stabbing sensation all the time? Do you have it continuously in-between headaches? Also, at first you didn't refer to it as a headache, you called it 'a sharp pain... someone grabs my head and squeezes.' I'm curious to know why you don't call it a headache, is the pain not as severe? Later though you say that is an 'almost stabbing headache like my head is squeezed,' so I'm a little confused there. Also, what type of headaches do you usually have? Migraines or tension-type headaches (and how often). I would definitely say that Kara would be the best person to answer this for you, but I think that clarifying your situation a bit might be helpful.

12. KaraBulut

In the absence of sinusitis or a specific trigger, what you're describing sounds very much like classic migraine headaches.

Have you been evaluated for migraines?

#12 KaraBulut, Jul 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  13. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No but I have had them I think four times in my life so far. First was at work, somehow actually made it safely home but I think because it was my first it didn't attack me as bad. Second was total agony, not just the pain but started out with what I'll call "splotchy eyes" in that my vision became not blurry but spotty, sort of like when you look at a bright light and then close your eyes and you can still see the afterimage except my eyes weren't closed. Then came headache to pounding migraine, followed by the nausea and erm...diarrhea. Third was the same, but after taking a Tylenol 2 it went away after about 30 minutes. And fourth almost happened but didn't. I had the splotchy eyes but took two Tylenol Extra Strength before it really developed and it knocked it out. It still was a headache but a dull one.

And now like I said, I have those random "grips" and occasional headaches. I'm drinking a bit more water than before with Dasani cause I sort of like the taste, but it's still a bit. And now I'm also dealing with self-induced stress at work.