1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird Fear?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Rarar, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Rarar

Okay, well I have this fear that I'm gonna be forgotten. For example, I'm scared that when I die, I'm gonna be forgotten. I'm scared I'll die without the world knowing my name. I'm scared my friends will forget me when we grow up and (possibly) grow apart. It really terrifies me.

Is this weird?

2. Aniot

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No it's not weird at all. At some ages like yours we start thinking about many things that sooner or later will bring us down. It's normal to think like that but in fact you'll never, and i said NEVER, gonna pass through what you said. You will always have someone that will love you and that will be supportive. You'll never gonna be alone. In fact you have all of us here in EC =) And you probably have, and will get more, friends that love you for what you are and not for what you pretend to be. YOU WILL NEVER BE ALONE, NEVER. =)

(*hug*) :kiss:

3. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

No, you're not alone. I'd hate to be forgotten when I die, or even worse, be remembered for something I'm not proud of (ex: "she had the worst anger management...")

4. Mej7

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That isn't wierd at all. It's kinda similar to my fear...I have this fear that I will never do something great, or make a difference...

5. prism

*Long, but a young me would have found this perspective useful*

It's normal. I used to have that fear. I wanted to bring pride to my family's name, and do something great and memorable. I've always felt small compared to how large the world was and in light other people's accomplishments.

Let's start at home: There are over seven billion people on Earth. Our star system (The Sun and the eight planets that orbit it) is only one of possibly billions of systems in the Milky Way. The Milky Way is only one of billions, possibly trillions, of galaxies in the observable universe. When I first got into astronomy, I was quite depressed with how meaningless my existence seemed. Then I changed my perspective. While scientists cannot confirm that life is a condition of the universe (in which we can expect life to exist throughout the universe), we can at least accept that intelligent life is rare compared to what feels like an infinite span of space. Think of all the chemical chaos that has led up to this very moment. Think of every second in our evolution, and random coincidence, that has resulted in your life.

Whether you die alone, or are the most famous person on Earth, the very fact that you exist is incredible.

#5 prism, Jul 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2012