1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Body Hair Hygene

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Proud1p4, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Well this is kinda a hybrid thread. I have a question about body hair, but i also am looking for support from a pitfall i had just 3 minutes ago. Well this summer i havent been wearing shorts of anything revealing to my legs because im ashamed and embarassed by leg hair. I hate it, body hair. So ive taken up shaving lately, and although its kinda taboo and everything i cant enjoy summer. Honestly, i was totally prepared to take heat from anyone, except my parents or my sister. I feel that even though people would mock me id feel comfortable with myself and be able to take the mockery because i had a strong self-esteem because i was doing what i want and what made me feel good about myself.

Then i went outside, no showing her or telling her what ive done but telling her about my hatred of body hair. She said i was being riddiculous and all men should have hair on their legs and no one does that. I know alot of guys who shave their legs and half of them arent gay. But right now her telling me that it would be extremely riddiculous if i shaved my legs hurt me beyond belief. Her, Dad, and my sister were the only three people on this earth that could get to me. I just wanted support.

Her validation was that if i did shave, the hair would just come back longer, blacker, and thicker. Which is a good point and true, but then i just keep shaving?

I wanted to know, how many of you feel the same way about body hair and any advice you could give me besides "forget what she says" would be great cuz i care alot about what my mom thinks, i love her alot and i dont think i could ignore her opposition.

2. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Oh, and i have a question for the doctor or anyone who has done this before. What if i did let it grow back (it'll be thicker and black) and dyed it with a natural, light color like blonde. I wouldn't mind the feel or it or even if it was a little visible but i just dont want it thick and black of w/e. Do you think that would work out?

Although i really dont want to have hair there, i would do the above as a last resort..

#2 Proud1p4, Jul 20, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2006
  3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I don't know about hair growing back thicker and darker, but I doubt it. Certainly not after one or two shavings anyway, but it may over time if shaved regularly. But then body hair tends to get thicker and darker as we get older anyway, so I don't really think shaving has a lot to do with it.

Most guys from around their mid-late teens do have hairy legs, even if their upper body (chest, arms etc) have no hair or only very light hair. So wearing shorts with hairy legs showing is not at all unusual. Some guys don't have much or any hair on their legs though, and some do shave their legs.

The worst thing with body shaving is whan it starts to grow back and is rough and itchy. Then the temptation is to shave it again, and you can end up shaving it every week or two. It then becomes a hassle.

I really wouldn't worry about it anyway. When you go out, other people have more important things on their minds than looking at your legs and wondering about the amount of hair on them. And if they are that interested, then let them see the real you! :wink:

4. Micah

About 6 months ago, my best friend and I decided to dress up in skanky costumes for a costume party. We wore extremely short shorts, tight t-shirts etc. Anyway, the point is that we both have pretty hairy legs, and (for the sake of experience, and sexiness) got our legs waxed at a friend's beauty clinic. Now it might be the fact that she's an exclusive place and really good quality, or maybe it was the overdose of painkillers we took before hand, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

The best part was that our legs were hairless for about 6 weeks.

I'm not 100% sure on the theory of hair growing back thicker with shaving, but it's what I've heard.

I don't think its actually possible to dye your leg hairs (atleast practically) as it would be *extremely* high maintance and expensive, as you're covering a large surface area. I think it's possible to tint/bleach it, but again, unless you're prepaired to go get it done every few weeks (and pay for it) it's probably not worth it.

So pretty much. you're options are:

-Waxing: somewhat painful, can be expensive, don't have to visit so often.

-Tinting: not painful, tho I believe its more expensive than waxing.

-Shaving: Annoying? Not so painful, has to be done frequently.

It's really you're preference how you get rid of it. At the moment it's winter so my legs are pretty hairy. But personally, it doesn't concern me so much. Leg hair is ok on guys, but again its a personal preference :slight_smile:

5. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Well ive worked out my solution. I talked to my mom about it. I've done my usual process to a solution.

Step 1: Freak out on EC like there's no tomorrow (Vent Emotions)
    Step 2: Lower the horomones and flip the psycoligy switch on (Calm Down)
    Step 3: Actually use what brain cells i have left (Plan A Solution)
    Step 4: Excute and then run back to EC and ask yourself again, why did you freak out in the first place when you always do the same thing anyway?:eusa_doh:

Well my mom saw how much it meant to me...she just thought it was a minor compulsion and thought it was better to keep the hair and save the heat id get from everyone else.

Anyway the point is me and her are cool with my decision and i got my happy ending to yet another iceberg. Thnx everyone.

6. TriBi

I shaved my legs for years (for cycling, BTW:icon_bigg) - and tho' I actually prefer the sensation of "clean" legs I really don't do much bike riding these days so stopped as I couldn't justify it any more. I do still "clip" them every now and then if I feel like they are getting a bit too feral.:icon_wink

Does the hair grow back thicker and darker? Well - if anyone's should, I guess mine ought to (I was shaving my legs for over ten years) and I can't say I can see a real lot of difference. Because I wear shorts year round it tends to get bleached by the sun anyway - tho' a bit less in the winter.

Anyway - I haven't turned into anything approaching a Werewolf - so I think you should be safe.:lol:

7. William1

I wish I had body hair, it makes u look more manly. :eusa_pray

8. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I've always noticed that guys who don't have body hair or facial hair want it, and those who do don't want it!

How often do you see people with very little facial hair desperately trying to grow a beard......

None of us are happy with what we've got I guess.

9. William1

LOL! I guess ur right. :lol:

I have some hairs on my legs but they r very small and golden and u have to look closely to see them. And I got some 'down there' but not enough. :icon_sad: Like I see older boys in the showers, and they have a forest, and some of the sixth formers even have hairs on their chest.

10. Brandon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes I feel like I have a little too much hair on my body. Being in a group where hair is accepted it doesn't make me feel as alone as I thought I was. With age it will come, just wait a couple of more years until it happens. You'll start to to see it, some of the hair growing was kind of painful though and annoying.

11. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Honey, i'd switch if i could :lol: . I find myself trimming alot of pubic hair (touchy subject, most won't reply i anticipate but who gives a shit, you don't know me and i don't know you. we only know our keyboards) not shaving it off, but just trimming it to about 1/2 an inch long. Chest hair is totally unexceptable on my body and is shaved immediately as well as butt hairs (unsightly little things, blechk). And i swear the minute i discover any back hair, i'll have to get that electric treatment or that lazer one and zap/fry it all off for good.

12. Ryder11

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    "I wish I had body hair, it makes u look more manly. "

You can have mine!

I have some chest hair, I find it ugly and annoying, so I shave it occasioanlly when I get in an annoying mood. As for leg hair, they are fairly hairy and I never had a problem with it, but this week I was like, I feel like shaving my legs. Bad idea. blah. Apparently, razor burn on your legs is the worst feeling in the world! Never doing it again, Just grow back quicker damnit! I hate hair, this kinda grosses me out, but the back of my neck grows hair, not like..hardcore, but its there, and I like to look neat and clean daily, so as I shave my stupid beard every damn day, I have to shave the back of my neck, it gets...so...annoying. I could handle going out with an unshaven face maybe one day, but not my neck.aha.

ps. my legs are itching terribly right now! ah.

Should I go get waxed? For some reason I feel embarrised if I were to go. But, I'm sure they wouldn't judge me, or care? Its their job.

What about the dreaded bum hair? HATE. Not going to use a razor back there, because...I can't see down and around there. haha

Stupid hair.

13. Corny

Corny Guest

about that "growing back thicker" - that just seems so, it's a mythos. if you look at a hair, the tip is finer than the base. if you cut it off, and the base continuous to grow. the broader former base becomes the new tip and it takes some time until it gets fine and soft again (because parts of the hair-cells at the top die and fall off).

14. I have mixed feelings about my body hair. On the one hand, I feel like it makes me just a little bit unique b/c most Asian people don't have a lot of body hair. And there is a certain manliness about it. On the other hand, while I don't mind the chest hair so much, the hair on my shoulders, neck, and back is pretty irritating, unsightly, and embarrassing. Plus, I feel like Asian men are generally not very highly regarded in the gay community b/c we tend to be short and small and scrawny and just not really consistent w/ the Western depiction of a man's man. Those who do like Asian men tend to like that they're so smooth. Well, I'm short and small and somewhat scrawny, but I'm also hairy, so in a way I feel like I'm just the big fat loser here. :bang: Not that I'm all like "poor me" or whatever all the time, but I can fall into the trap of feeling like I have the worst of both worlds sometimes...

15. baklangpinoy26

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hairy is hot, embrace your body hair haha

16. TwoMethod

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dude, this thread is from 2006! Mega bump?

But thank God someone pointed out that hair growing back quicker and thicker was a myth...

17. Koolladgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    wow this has been here awhile!