1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kidney?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by jvn95, Jul 26, 2012.

1. jvn95

Hey guys, I'm worried I might have a kidney infection.

My lower back just on my right side has been sore for the past couple of days. I'm starting to worry that it is my kidney..

Does anyone know how to tell? I read I would have vomiting/nausea, bloody or cloudy urine, fever, and pain during urination.

I have not had any of those, But The lower back pain is right above my pelvis on my right side where my kidney is, It is dull and feels like pressure. It feels different from a muscle strain.

Mom said if it hurts for a long time she will take me to the doctor.

I'm scared. Does anyone know what to do?

:tears:

2. MariRawr

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This sounds exactly like what I had a while back.
    Don't get too worried. I know it's scary, but it can also be something else. I had the same kind of pain, parents and the doctor suspected it was my appendix, but it turned out to be stomach flu.
    However, stay alert. Something like this can easily become very dangerous very fast, in case it really is your kidney.
    About the symptoms... those are things you COULD have if you have kidney issues or possibly appendix problems. You don't have to necessarily have them. If you have the pain, that's already a reason to watch out.
    If the pain stays for a while, you can go to the doctor, if it gets worse, especially if it's at a fast pace, you have to get it checked as soon as possible. Both kidney issues and appendicitis can cause serious problems if you don't get them checked out on time.
    Hang in there.

3. Bobbgooduk

Bobbgooduk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My immediate reaction would be that you have slept at a funny angle or lifted something awkwardly.

Lower-back pain can be caused by all sorts of things, but most often it's muscular.

If you had a kidney infection, you'd know about it everywhere - temperature, difficulty urinating.

My only other observation would be that I think at 17 you are old enough to take yourself to the doctor.

If you're worried about ANYTHING to do with your health, you don't need your mom's say-so to do something about it.

Be more pro-active and you'll feel better because you're in charge.

Good luck:smilewave

4. prism

Even though I hate hospitals and have a strong suspicion of practicing physicians, the internet is never a good source of medical information.

Kidney pain, or any organ for that matter, is nothing to wait on. Initially, I would mostly be concerned about the dull sensation you are having, especially if it has persisted for a few days. You should see a doctor immediately. I know this probably isn't what you wanted to hear, but no one here has the necessary information or tools to tell you what is wrong.

Hope you feel better soon!

#4 prism, Jul 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  5. jvn95

As much as I'd love to just take myself to the doctor, I am still living at home and I do not have a car.

However, I am telling her in the morning that I need to go and that I am worried.

---------- Post added 27th Jul 2012 at 02:13 AM ----------

Thanks guys,

I am going to tell mom to take me tommarow, I am getting scared.

Do yall know how I could have gotten this infection? I'm a 17 year old male. I don't get it.

---------- Post added 27th Jul 2012 at 02:13 AM ----------

If I have it.

6. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't worry too much - there are a lot of reasons you could be experiencing pain in that area. I forget the technical term, but pain sensation in the lower abdomen doesn't always occur exactly where the pain/damage is actually happening (I learned this from dealing with some stomach inflammation). Could be a lot, from the flu, to kidneys, to some kind of stomach problem, to really bad gas. :slight_smile: As you're a 17 year old male, chances are it's nothing serious (at least from what I know).

If you read about this online, forget whatever you read. Certain prominent medical advise sites will tell you you have cancer because you cough too much. The doctor is a good call - even if it's nothing, it's good to know for sure, so that you can get started treating whatever it is and keep anything more from happening.

Good luck!

7. KaraBulut

The interesting thing is that most people think that the kidneys are much lower than they really are. They're underneath your rib cage in the back next to your spine.

[​IMG]

Kidney pain can be "radiating" or "referred" though. Usually this follows the track of the urinary system- so the pain starts in the middle back and radiates to the groin. Men often describe feeling it either in the tip of their penis or under their scrotum. Women often describe it as radiating to their bladder or vagina.

It would be usual for a kidney infection to occur without high fever or burning during urination. Often a painful cramping in the lower back can be a symptom of a kidney stone or of back strain, sciatica or a muscle spasm.

Since you've had it for a couple of days, you should see your doctor about it.

8. Bobbgooduk

Bobbgooduk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you've made the right decision - it's best to get the doc to check it.

OK - you live at home and rely on transport - you've done the right thing in TELLING her you want to go to the doctor rather just letting her make the decision. :icon_bigg

IF you have an infection, it can come from all sorts of places - swimming in water which is not "clean" (rivers or insufficiently-treated swimming pools) or not "washing" after oral or anal sex - but the bugs have quite a climb to get to your kidneys. That's why I think there's a probability it's not kidney infection. Ladies' plumbing is different and women are much more likely to get infections of the urinary tract than men.

It's only natural to be concerned - good luck with the doctor and make your mum wait outside :icon_bigg