1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stretch marks?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by AshenAngel, Jul 28, 2012.

1. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

Does anyone know of any good products I can use to get ridof them or at least decrease their appearance? Thanks x

2. PurpleCrab

If they are freshly done (still bright and pink) you can try a light skin rub, wash it well, and then algae envelopment.
    When I did my spa massotherapy course we studied the stretch marks phenomenon and found that once they're healed there is not much one can do, but before than, the skin can still regenerate to minimize the scar.

That is... you also need to take care of the source of your stretch marks first (too much growth at once? slow it down) otherwise you'll do that for nothing.

3. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

I've heard of a product called Bio-Oil. I've never used it before but I've heard that it works really well.

4. Gumtree

The reality of stretch marks is harsh.

They're caused by rapid growth as mentioned above, or by the skin having to support weight and/or pressure it normally wouldn't, such as; for a lack of better words... where one might 'muffin' around the waist. Also commonly found on breasts.

There is very little in regards to treatment unless you target the causative agent.

Sun exposure (as much as I hate to promote such) can have very positive effects. Finally, as mentioned above, Bio-Oil is the only product I've seen to have had any real impact on them.

5. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

Thanks everyone^^

6. Jared

I don't know of anything to make them go away, but they do fade with time, my back is covered with them thanks to a rapid growth spurt a few years ago. They used to be really visible but now you have to be pretty close to see them.

7. Jeffhack

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    i used to have have strech marks but when i lost weight i put coca buter on them and let me bodie grow and now i have none

8. KaraBulut

It's a pretty common question at EC. There's some old threads about the subject that I've linked below that have some suggestions. There's not really an easy way to treat stretch marks but the threads do have some suggestions on keeping the skin moisturized to help reduce the incidence. Fortunately, stretch marks lighten over time and become less noticeable.

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/anonymous-discussions/27918-weird-red-marks-thighs.html
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/anonymous-discussions/26642-stretch-marks-eek.html
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/anonymous-discussions/40818-stretch-marks-yeah.html
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/anonymous-discussions/49780-stretch-marks.html
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/anony...lost-lot-weight-but-i-have-stretch-marks.html

9. Lewis

I had terrible stretch marks on my back and hips, but they're now barely visible. I used to cry over them! I didn't use any products though, they just faded.

But, if you want a really good and effective product, I'd say Bio-Oil. It contains Vitamin E and speeds up the fading. :slight_smile:

10. GayJay

Note to self must get some bio oil.
    Unreal how much my weight fluctuates, for no reason. From last month to this one i have gone from 7st to 9st and haven't changed anything in lifestyle. And no doubt it will be something different next month. Does anyone else do this?

11. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

All the time^^ thats why i posted this thread:slight_smile:

12. LOL, embarrassing story. I was playing a game with my friend and her older sister. My friend and I were in fourth grade and her sister was like 20. The object of the game was to see if we could get "ghosts" to scratch us. Well I tripped out because I thought I saw scratch marks on my friends sisters back. She got freaked out and looked. She was confused. She then giggles and says, "Uhhhh, hun, those are stretchmarks." I was soooo embarrassed. LOL. My friend STILL talks about it as we are going in to sophomore year. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But, I heard cocoa butter is supposed to work well.

13. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

Bought some Bio-Oil.:slight_smile: I'll see how that works.