1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It can never just end...

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Snowy, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Snowy

Snowy Guest

Basically, I'm just super depressed right now for no reason. Would it not be for the slight light of my computer I'd be sitting in still darkness. My mind is numb. I can't think anything. It's all frozen. On to my question, I guess.. those of you who have been depressed: did it ever just go away for you?

2. julia

Sadly, no, I don't think Depression ever goes away. I was hit in the heart, the head, and the rest of my body with Depression in 2007 and I still get depressed, even suicidal at times today. The best thing to do is to keep yourself occupied, and surround yourself with people you love. Also if you feel like this for longer than a few weeks I would recommend seeing a therapist.

Feeling numb is the worst, I know. Feeling like nothing matters and that you can barely move, barely talk, can't even think is a horrible, horrible feeling.

For now, do something that makes you happy. Listen to some upbeat music, look up some inspirational quotes or watch a funny movie/video. Or if you have someone you feel comfortable taling to, please, talk to them about how you're feeling or just talk to them for a bit.

Good luck, hope you feel better. (*hug*)

3. LailaForbidden

No. I've delt with depression in the past and i just came to realize that i've once again fallen into that dark pit. I guess it depends on your situation, but i found that i had to change the way i was thinking in my past. It didn't change it, not right away, but my thoughts acted as a bridge of sorts in overcoming the other obstacles that were bothering me. I wish i could help more... but good luck! i really hope you feel better soon.

4. Snowy

Snowy Guest

I kind of feel better now, a bit, but not much... oh, also, thanks julia :astonished:

The thing is, for me, I like feeling numb... it means that I'm not thinking about death, killing myself, or cutting myself again..

5. julia

I used to think that way but then I realized when I actually wanted to cut or harm myself, at least I could feel something. Now I'm DEFINITELY not saying to harm yourself in ANY WAY, at all, but I'm saying the feeling I felt with it was better than feeling numb.

For me, it takes a really long time to stop feeling numb and the days just keep passing by without me noticing, and that is the worst.

I really do hope you stop feeling so numb soon, and if you ever need someone, I'm here. Also, when you feel like you're going to self-harm PLEASE let know before you do it, I would hate to see someone go down that steep hill.

6. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are 15, so it may very well get better as you grow up.

7. alwayshope11

Depression can definitely get better... it doesn;t define you at all.. it is just an emotional state, and emotions change all the time. I've dealt with two major times of depression in my life, and I got through the first one and am almost through the second... It just takes time, helps, and happy thoughts! Hang in there!!