1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My update thread

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Gazza123, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

So

After careful consideration and looking through all the responses I've got I've finally decided that I will book an appointment with GP and see what's what. So I'll post what happens on this thread as well update you all on how I am doing with my other problems, a way of venting all my solutions, thoughts and just generally in case anyone else is going through the same sorts of problems.

I doubt I'll be up-dating this thread with stuff like "I met a guy" or "I've got a boyfriend" but stranger things have happened so I'll guess I'll see.

I'm gonna try working on a few things but a step at a time so I'll let you guys know about the important stuff and well... that's it for now .

2. Bobbgooduk

Bobbgooduk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well done YOU! :thumbsup: My congrats are not meant to be patronizing but I really sense a change in your mood. Just in those few sentences, there is a positive attitude to the medical AND a new attitude to the possibilities with the relationship issue.

Really DO wish you all the best (*hug*):thumbsup::smilewave

3. csm123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey,well done,you certainly are making the right move.Just remember to be honest and keep calm enough to ask all the right questions about all the options etc.

Sorting one problem at a time is a good way to start living a happier and more productive life.

Good luck and keep us updated.

4. BudderMC

I'm glad to hear that you're going to go see a GP to get things sorted out. Like I said, it's a step in the right direction. Hopefully things go well for you.

5. KaraBulut

Well, good. Thanks for the update.

Don't feel like you have to work on everything all at once. Tackle what you can. Sometimes working on one issue helps you find clarity and sometimes it helps you find answers to other issues.

6. Aldrick

Kara gave some good advice. It's something I'm working on in therapy; don't try and do everything at once, you'll become overwhelmed and it'll create stress and anxiety. I have a tendency to do this all the time, and more than helping you solve your problems often it means you end up putting them off.

That being said, I'm very pleased you're seeing the doctor. I suggest writing down a list of everything you want to talk about, and make sure you scheduled an appointment long enough to go over everything you want to go over. Writing things down will help you remember; I know often times when I eventually drag myself to a doctor I have several things I want to bring up. Usually, I become so focused on dealing with something that is the most important that I forget the rest. The only solution is to write it all down.

7. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Update

I'd made an appointment with the doctors today. Its

21 August 10:10 in the morning

So hopefully this is the start of getting something sorted

8. Bobbgooduk

Bobbgooduk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    YAY - next Tuesday! :thumbsup: I'm going to mark it in my agenda. I'm proud of you (*hug*)

9. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

I also wanted to update you guys on something else

I now go swimming once a week at the local aquatic centre with my sister and nephews so it's probably obvious that I can can my shirt off in front of people. I mean I still don't like my stomach area but with these little changes hopefully things will start getting better.

10. Bobbgooduk

Bobbgooduk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Go, Gazza, GO :thumbsup:

11. csm123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    As said before,one step at a time,but just keep remembering that all of these one steps soon add up to going a long way.

Well done and keep us updated

12. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Doctors appointment today guys

Slightly nervous about the whole thing

I ll update you guys when I can

13. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Saw the doctor. He basically examined me and when he did he pulled by fore skin back no bother and I had no pain so I guess I wasn't trying hard enough. He said I have a little bit infection which he gave me cream for but it looks like it can retract... I guess I was just worried of hurting myself.

Only thing is, I have to retract it to put cream on and still really worried as it was, obviously not errect when he retracted so I'm still a little concerned it'll get stuck or something

---------- Post added 21st Aug 2012 at 10:29 AM ----------

Saw the doctor. He basically examined me and when he did he pulled by fore skin back no bother and I had no pain so I guess I wasn't trying hard enough. He said I have a little bit infection which he gave me cream for but it looks like it can retract... I guess I was just worried of hurting myself.

Only thing is, I have to retract it to put cream on and still really worried as it was, obviously not errect when he retracted so I'm still a little concerned it'll get stuck or something

14. ForceAndVerve

Hi Gazza!

Seems like your making changes for the better! :eusa_danc

And at least you've finally got closure on your foreskin issue. I look forward to hearing about what you get up to in the coming weeks/months.

15. Pinstripe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So glad that you made this thread, and that you're swimming weekly! I think it's great that you're doing something physical, you have a routine, and you're taking steps to work on your body image issues. Congrats!

16. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

I've gotta ask

But now I know my foreskin can retract. Does that mean it can retract when errect

17. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yup.

Of course... you can always try it for yourself to be sure :slight_smile:

18. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

It seems more tighter and more difficult when erect

19. KaraBulut

That's not necessarily abnormal. Some guys find that when erect, there's a mismatch between the size of the opening to the foreskin (the foramen) and the head of the penis. This is usually not a problem unless pulling back the foreskin when erect restricts blood flow to the head (called paraphimosis).

Sometimes stretching exercises can help loosen the foreskin enough to allow it to slide back and forth over the head of the penis when erect. Since you've now discovered that it does retract when you're not erect, then you can begin to pull the foreskin back on your own and determine how far you can get with it in various states of soft/erect.

20. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

I have a probably

This cream I've got, I've gotta put it on when I pull foreskin back. Now I know it can retract when soft cuz the doctor did it. But am scared of doing it myself, plus I keep getting an erection when I try and the foreskin doesn't retract at all.

Kinda embarassed now