1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pain in tip of penis

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Revan, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi guys, this is somewhat embarrassing. I haven't been recently sexually active, and in the past long before I've been active it's happened, but I'm curious why it is. Pretty much this morning I had to go to the washroom, and held it in for around 3 hours because I was sleeping. When I finally did go, when it passed through, as in it came out of the tip of my urethra, it kinda felt as though something passed through it, so there was pain. All day it's been either when I've been urinating or ejaculating, less pain on ejaculation over urination. There have been times in the past it's happened too where its like owwwww. I know I should wait again a day or two because that's usually how long it takes for it to stop. But I still again am curious, what could cause this sort of thing?

2. Flow

Could you describe the pain? Is it a burning sensation or a sharp stabbing pain?

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    More sharp stabbing pain I think.

4. starfish

My first thought is that you might have passed a Kidney stone.

5. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I dunno though, there was nothing in the toilet minus my urine, and it's continued on throughout the day. I have read that by holding it, the urine can gain acidity and thus when you do go to the washroom, the higher acidic content in the urine can irritate the urethra...but I dunno...I'd like Kara's opinion on this and anyone else who may know about it.

6. Bobbgooduk

Bobbgooduk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think a kidney stone would make itself felt all the way down and not just at the tip!

If you are really holding a full bladder, maybe you're "leaking" a little and the acidity of the urine is burning.

My "first of the day" pees are always a lot stronger looking AND smelling than day-time ones.

Does it last all day or just first thing? It might be worth trying actually gettin up for the bathroom rather than forcing yourself to wait 3 hours - see if that makes any difference.

If it were an infection, I think you'd really know about it. Urinary tract infections are more common in women but certainly not impossible in men. No discharge, I take it, just the sensation?

7. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with Bobbgooduk, get to a doctor and have him examine you. Usually when it's painful to go and pee (not just men, but woman too) it is usually an indication of kidney stones. Why it is painful, is because the kidney stones is like crystals, with minute sharp edges that can cause you allot of pain.

If it is kidney stones, the sooner you get them removed the better, as with time, the stones grow bigger and bigger and sometimes more and more. Removing it is quite painful, as they pull those stones out through your penis. Usually the doctors will put you on pain medication and once the medication has taken effect, he will insert a device though your penis and remove the stones. You will feel allot of discomfort during the process, and hell of pain afterwards when the pain medication has worked through your system. But usually within a few days everything should be as it used to, minus the pain while peeing part.

Then again it could be something else entirely, so it's best to see a doctor and get a medical check-up. Oh and kidney stones does show on the x-rays.

8. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I dunno when I'm next seeing the doctor, that's the only problem, he's in a city two hours away because it's difficult to find someone taking new patients in this one, and the guy only works Tues - Thurs so it's rather difficult. As for the questions you ask, there has been no discharge from what I've seen, and definitely nothing unusual. The pain however occurs primarily when I urinate, it happened again about five minutes ago when I went to the bathroom, this time I didn't wait.

While I'm not saying it couldn't be kidney stones, I'm not sure why it would be, First, I haven't seen any after urination, plus not having really any of the sensations described. I mean it's a sharp stabbing pain, but not like the most excruciating in the world. It's more just a brief stabbing pain and then poof, gone. Or at least until the next time. Also when I was in the shower yesterday, if the water touched the tip more or less, I got the stabbing pain again so honestly I almost think it could be an inflammation inside the tip of my penis and if I touch that area a short time after urinating/ejaculating it's a sharp pain again....I don't know though. I'll try and book a doctor's appointment in the next bit...just not 100% sure when I'd be able to make it.

#8 Revan, Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  9. Bobbgooduk

Bobbgooduk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe you've just been a bit rough with yourself and bruised it. Even small bruises can be painful.

If it were an infection, I think you'd know about it - is your temperature OK or do you have a fever?

Unless you have had kidney problems in the past, I think it's unlikely to be stones - you have to have a pretty protein-rich diet to have trouble with stones, I think.

Have you looked up the symptoms of thrush or yeast infections - it might be worth looking up.

Try not to worry - but don't let it go on too long before you do something about it if it persists after a couple of days. You might be able to make an appointment with a local doctor as an "emergency" patient - you won't be the only guy who needs assistance when away from the normal doctor's patch.

10. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No thrush, not really sure how to check yeast infections. Also I jerk anywhere from 4 to 10 times a day, not even joking. And I don't think I have a fever, had a brief headache this morning but that was due to the abrupt wake up from a phone call and my body still doesn't like waking up early...even though 10am is early lolz

#10 Revan, Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  11. Bobbgooduk

Bobbgooduk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    LOL - it sounds like bell-end burn-out!

Cut-down for a day if you can!

I wish I was young again........

(*hug*)

12. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    But wouldn't the pain be on the outside? :S

13. Bobbgooduk

Bobbgooduk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You might have flexed it a bit and kinked the urethra - it's all soft tissue.

14. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sigh okay... Still wanting to hear from Kara too though...

15. Flow

Try drinking more water.. Ease up on the jerking. If it still persists, you should really go see a doctor lol.

16. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ugh the water...yeah...still gotta get on that lol