1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Losing weight

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by dano22, Aug 8, 2012.

1. dano22

dano22 Guest

I have been working a new job for a year now and started realizing that I am losing weight. I work 12 to 8 every day with some days off and here and there and every other weekend. I thought my diet was healthy and consistent and i did not realizing I was losing weight. Last time I checked my weight I was one hundred and fifty pounds and now I am one and thirty five pounds. This is kind of nerve racking for me.

2. Bree

Go see a doctor! There're lots of health problems that can present as weight loss. Other than that, try to work more carbs/proteins into your diet-grains, meats, dairy, soy, etc.

3. prism

Agreed. There are an infinite amount of things that can cause unintentional weight loss. Only your doctor will be able to do the proper tests to find out what is wrong.

4. SunSparks

Yes, absolutely, you need to go see a doctor. You will probably need to work toward gaining a balance and I think these two articles have some great, safe ways of doing that 1) Too Skinny? Here's How To Gain Weight. 2) Healthy Ways to Gain Weight

Don't go stuffing yourself either because that can also cause problems. Its more about establishing a health diet for you at this point and also figuring out (through the doctor) why this is happening.

I hope all things are well though.

5. Snowy

Snowy Guest

Hm, last (school) year due to my classes I was unconsciously losing weight due to all of the stress I was under. Is your job really stressful? And if it is, would there be a way to make it slightly less so if it continues getting worse?