1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FtM pelvic structure

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Bree, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Bree

One of the parts of my body that makes it hardest to "pass" as a guy is the structure of my pelvis. I'm pretty skinny, and the more slender I am the more androgynous I look. I have very small breasts, which is wonderful. When I get down to the bottom of my BMI, they should be AAs. The thing that I have the most trouble with is the structure of my pelvis-I have noticeable hips, which only become more visible the more slender my body gets. Is there any way to surgically re-structure the pelvis to narrow them? It would probably mean breaking and re-forming it...I just want to know if there's a way.

I'm having a bad night, sorry. I had a bike accident, got a fair bit of road-rash and minor shock, but it's making me feel weepy. It's nights like this where I struggle with the "I'll never be whole" thing...

2. Drakey

well I don't know if I'm much help, but are there any clothes you can wear to cover up the shape of your hips? Are the clothes you're wearing right now tight enough that they would show the shape? Maybe you just need to go shopping for something that will have a more masculine look to draw attention away from your hips.

3. Bree

I do wear clothes that cover it. The problem is that I would like to be able to wear more fitted clothes.

4. smprob

I think I know what you are going through, and I 'm really sorry that I have to say I don't know how to help you, other than kindly saying to choose over sized clothes. ( IDK if you do that already) I know it wouldn't be so great to look baggy. but then it works and as you want to hide curves it would be better.:slight_smile:

When choosing clothes You should look for certain kind of materials, and shapes. Those not thick material and cut specifically wide in the lower part. also jeans with some cutting shape show curvier even you do not have hips. ones not tight on thighs are the best as I know.

Just to say I don't know about making narrower but I know how to get to look hips wider ( and if anyone wants I can tell them:icon_wink still IDK if it works with everyone it had with me), but I used to have narrower when I was really looking for the opposite. At that time I wanted become completely normal in both body and mind and whatever that did it, now I regret it.

But one thing I've learned from that and many other things is that it's not worthy the energy I spent on worrying about how I was and looked. Trying to change when we have the ability should be the strategy. worrying never helped , it only weakened me changed my personality and it never will help ever. and worst thing is it can become a habit and you can become depended on it.

What I want to say is worrying is the reason for people to think if you are trans you certainly have some dysphoria. sure anyone can but not everyone and not to the extent. So my advice is try to become distracted from that feeling. it's not to impress others but for our own health and victory. Let's keep hope that one day we become complete and a solution for yours found if it's not there already. I hope there is and someone here will tell you about it.

But even not,try to see this: I have come across that life is not all and only about gender even we feel it as it is. We feel it always as it is the worst problem we are facing right now and seeing no satisfying solution for it. But it is not the only thing in life for us. Anyway it's how I see it and I hope you would work something out and be happy and be patient until you are really complete.(*hug*)

ps: sorry I saw your second post after writing this.

5. Hot Pink

Unfortunately, there's no way to reform your skeletal structure. I wish there was. I would make my feet and hands smaller, make my shoulders less broad, and decrease the size of my rib cage. Can't though. Luckily, I've always had a feminine pelvis--doctors have even commented about it.

Once the skeleton is done growing, it's permanent. No going back.

6. PurpleCrab

Can't help much there, but on that topic...
    I remember being pregnant the first time. I literally felt my pelvic bones move and widen, saw the skin in the middle stretch and break, that was during the 5 and 6th month on pregnancy. Never told anyone how bad the dysphoria was then... all I could think of was: now I'll never go back, might as well completely give up on the idea to look like I feel I should.

7. Bree

Yeah, I've definitely considered at least having my tubes tied to prevent that ever happening. I want kids, but I don't need to have them that way.

I'm sorry, Purple Crab...

#7 Bree, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  8. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dunno but I have big hips and if there's a way to make them smaller lemme know!